Post Thanks / Like

Dog poo on ford leather?

I know it sounds odd but I might be getting to clean out the interior of a mustang with the leather (vinyl) seats. The owner thinks that it`s dog poo most likely from her puppy.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get this out?

The seats are tan btw....

I`m thinking that a soft scrub with an interior cleaner (like Griots?) might do the trick....anyone have any other ideas?
    Jan

Post Thanks / Like
    HOw long has that been on the seat? and are they leather or vinyl? Leather could be a trick the acid may ahve caused some stains that Might nto come out. Vinly use a APC cleaner and a mask
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    she says it`s been on there like 2 months at the most....

apc?
    Jan

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess the smell not a concern OK I would try APC it really depends on if its stained, and if so I`m not sure there is anything that you can do about that. A good leather guy can re-die the area, but lifting a stain will be hard at this point. I`m not speaking from experence:wait
    I did have a car with leather that had baby puke that was a few weeks old and I used APC with a tery towel and that seemed to remove most of what was there. Also be careful because you will lift the color out of the leather with to much pressure

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m alos wondering oif Stoners Xient (sp) will do the job maybe someone else can chime in about that

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    ok...but what is APC and whree can I get it? locally?
    Jan

Post Thanks / Like
    Simple green, 409 just dilute with water on a 10 / 1 to start. Again you can lift the color of the seat with to strong a soloution.

Hans

I could not agree with you more how anyone can ride around with dog crap anywhere in a car. Hell I get it on my shoe and I about pass out!!

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    I have no idea how she can stand it....I told her that it might not come out at all.....I`ll try and explain to her that it might have gotten too deep into the seat and that she might have to look into other alternatives....

who knows...I have yet to see it!

thanks for the input...I`ll try the simple green in a very diluted formula on a spot that isn`t noticeable for sure....

we`ll see!
    Jan

Boss_429
    Man, this thread stinks!

Seriously, I hope one of the other suggestions works for you, as I`ve never heard of dealing with "cured dog poop"!

Post Thanks / Like
    Some things I just won`t do, too funny. Years ago when I was turning wrenches I had a farmer drive a truck into my shop to get a set of shocks put on. It smelled very badly of the cows and horses around the farm. It had manure under all of the wheel wells. I told him to visit the car wash and to spray the under carriage off then bring it back to me. I never saw him again and didn`t feel bad about it all. :-p

That was a $100 that I just didn`t need.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like
    it`s not like it`s still fresh dog poo....it`s been on there for a while and it`s all dried up....and it`s not like the dog poo is still in a pile on the back seat....hehehe....that would just be wrong!

oh well...I guess when you are around agriculture for a while poo just doesn`t bother you anymore...lol =]
    Jan

Post Thanks / Like
    ok - so it`s not dog poo at all.....it was from a MT drag tire.....

yeah, explain that one!

I`m sitting back there trying to get it out when I sit back and take a look at the shape of it all....and it`s round...but not noticeably round unless you sit back....I mention it and then the truth comes out....she took the tires to the track, ran a few times and put it back in the back seat....*bangs head HARD*

WTF!?!?!?!

so I tried most everything I had but it didn`t even budge....I`m guessing that she`s screwed....

she seemed upset that I couldnt` get it out but hey....I got the coke out that her ex-boyfriends little brother spilled like 3 years ago on the floorboard in the back...then she was upset that I didn`t get out the cigarette burn that was back there as well....some people have an utter lack of common sense sometimes!

so any ideas on the tire marks? lol
    Jan

Post Thanks / Like
    for removing tire rubber? poorboys pro polish on a kleenex - you may have missed that thread some time back but anyway (pp on a kleenex did remove paint transfer off my saab`s bumper) ... I have a leather cleaning kit from a furniture purchase that has a little chapstick looking thing for removing ink. a general purpose citrus cleaner alternated with the chapstick-looking ink remover has cleaned every stain I`ve ever seen on leather. I keep trying to remember the name of that stuff but I can`t ....
    Fasten Your Seat Belt! It helps keep the aliens from sucking you out of the car.

Thread Information