Thread: First use of PC

Right Wing Conservative NozeBleedSpeed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

First use of PC

Well I finally used my new PC for the first time today.Went after my sons 94 Ranger with badly neglected and damaged,white paint.
    Started with DACP on a yellow pad set at 6.I couldnt believe how blemishes seemed to disappear.Some required second reloads of DACP.Most scratches were removed or diminished severely. It removed the oxidation and gave it a smooth surface.I followed with PB`s Polish with carnauba on a white pad set on 4. Even better,smoother and shinier.Topped it with LS just to see how it worked.
    I highly recommend a PC for everyone that doesnt own one.The results were much better than I had hoped for and I had the hang of it after doing half of the hood.It was very easy to use.Everyone was impressed with the results.
    Thanks for all of the advice on the PC.
    Im Zaino free.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nozebleed;
    I have a PC 7424 that I just bought. I have yellow, white and black concave pads from CMA. But so far have only tried the white pad that came with it ( Bought at Coastal Tool) I have a truck with a neglected finish and decided to start on it because my logic is that if I can`t make it look good then I better stay away from my car which has a really good finish. What is DACP and LS? So far just working with the pad that came with it doesn`t seem to make much difference. I tried everything I have which is scratch X, Megs step 2 polish, turle wax polish and when that didn`t seem to do much tried turtle wax compound, still no real cutting action. I keep the PC on 4. Would Klasse AIO work? I got some for my car but as I said I better get a little practise on the truck first But it seems that the real difference must be in the pad used so I want to start with something that gets a good result.
    All things can be explained, it`s just that some things are harder to explain than others.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I got the velcro pad kit at CMA. It has a yellow cutting pad,2 white polishing pads,a black wax pad,a wool cutting pad and 2 MF bonnets.
    I used the Meguiers DACP(Dual Action Cleaner/Polish) because I had reall bad scratches and oxidation.The yellow pad worked for me because it cut quicker. I used a white polish pad with the polish. Ls is Pinnacle Liquid Soveran.
    I would recommend the Pad kit and either Megs DACP or Megs SMR(swirl mark remover)depending on how bad the paint is.Try using a white pad first but if it doesnt do the job,go to a yellow.
    You can get more info on the products at http://www.meguiars.com/product_show...ne=PP&SrcCat=2

Dont sweat this at all.Its simple and works wonders.Do a little bit of homework and just do it.

Here is more info on PC use.
    http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums...1430487&page=1

Heres where I got the pad kit:
    http://www.properautocare.com/porcabackit.html
    Im Zaino free.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nozebleed,
    Thanks for the info! When I get the Mequiar`s DACP I should be good to go! I have been working on getting everything together for a while now but am hiding my MF towels from my girlfriend because I don`t think she is too happy with the time and money I am spending on my car.
    All things can be explained, it`s just that some things are harder to explain than others.

Post Thanks / Like
    No problem man. I know what you mean about spending money on stuff. For what Ive invested in detail stuff in the last 4 months,I could have hired a detailer to come to my house every weekend for the next year....
    Im Zaino free.

Post Thanks / Like
    lol me too! I think I`m gonna have to break down and buy the PC you guys have in the next few months. Just can`t take looking at my ride with oxidation. By hand I can almost get the results I want but seems like I have to do it all the time. I can`t wait till I get that PC. I too will be using DACP and SMR since I already have both. Man I need to get the PC now.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome back Mark..haven`t seen you around for quite a while
    Yes the pc can quicken the process, but I`ve seen your work and you were doing just fine, now you`ll just have a little more energy for :beer :lol
    and btw...where`s the pictures:dunno
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Thread Information