Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars W-Dressing

Has anyone tried this stuff. ? It seems perfect for what I want Water based and high gloss.
    www.exotiXboard.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I bet Mike Phillips can answer all your questions about it
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    i used auot magic solvent based magic dressing several years ago and have the same one they make today, for some reason the one from a few years ago was WAY more wet looking, maybe they took out there magic ingredient

have you noticed the same thing, the older solvent hi gloss dressings were really wet, now they just look OK not as wet as the ones they used to make

Post Thanks / Like
    Im going to go to that chevy dealer and ask there detailing guys what they use. The dressing I seen them use smells great and its water based the wet look lasts and is really deep. The stuff looks pretty thick as it didnt sling anywhere. The stuff is green I seen them pouring it out of the 5 Gallon Jugs at the Dealership.

The Meguiars Detailer Line W-Dressing says its high gloss and dilutable I like the Water Based Dressings as you can use them anywhere and dilute them. Im going to try the W-dressing If I dont find out what they use at the dealer.
    www.exotiXboard.com

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used the W-Dressing for a while and think it is pretty darn good stuff. If you`re looking for something to use on tires I would say look elsewhere as it doesn`t last but a couple of days.

For interior use it works very well. I like it diluted about 1 part dressing to a half part water. That makes a low gloss look...a little glossier than say 303 and dries very nicely. Used undiluted it will be pretty glossy but you`ll need to buff it back real good with a MF or terry towel as it will be quite slick and greasy.

Still, a good product at reasonable price that can be used on leather, vinyl and trim. Just not the best on tires.
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Post Thanks / Like
    hi mr. natty or anyone that knows
    hey how does the w-dressing look on leather, is it greasy or just right etc?

do you think w-dressing is the same as there natural shine dressing in the maroon bottle from the consumer line? also can you use this consumer dressing on leather, it doesnt indicate on the bottle but i dont think w-dressing does either

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont care for how long it lasts I just want water based and shine.
    www.exotiXboard.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I included a picture of the dressing the gloss is really good doenst sling its fairly thick though. I still dont know the name of the stuff its green smells great and is hi-gloss and water based here is a pic of a tire done with it.

www.exotiXboard.com

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by frankie
    hi mr. natty or anyone that knows
    hey how does the w-dressing look on leather, is it greasy or just right etc?

do you think w-dressing is the same as there natural shine dressing in the maroon bottle from the consumer line? also can you use this consumer dressing on leather, it doesnt indicate on the bottle but i dont think w-dressing does either
    I have no way to know for sure if it`s the same thing as their consumer line Natural Shine product but I seriously doubt it. If you were to do side by side dash or seat sections with Meg`s Natural Shine and W-Dressing, both undiluted, the W-Dressing side would be significantly glossier. You`d have to apply Natural Shine 2-3 times to get the same gloss.

I`ve used it on leather both undiluted and diluted as I mentioned in my previous response. Worked fine, looked fine though undiluted you really need to buff it well to keep it from being slippery.

I prefer PB Natural Look over W-Dressing because it dries so nicely and non-slippery/greasy with little to no effort and extra buffing.

All in all I think W-Dressing is a pretty versatile product and fairly inexpensive. Better suited to interior than exteriors though.

BTW...FrOzen.....have you tried Bold N Brite on tires? It is the longest lasting water based dressing I`ve used for tires. If you apply it and leave it to dry on its own it`s pretty darn glossy too. Also, Tim@Tacscar swears by an aerosol product I think called Looks Wet No Mess. I`d trust Tacscar Tim`s judgement anyday.
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks natty, ill try it on the interior next time,

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Frozen , Thats some damn shiny water based dressing! That tire looks to have a smooth sidewall, that always helps too. And no sling? Find out what it is!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I want to the stuff is awsome its not greasy and it doesnt sling its been on the tires like that and has been driven for a couple of days no highway and off and it stays like that. Also each time you walk by the car you can smell the dressing after the tires get warm.
    www.exotiXboard.com

Thread Information