97 bonneville/98 Z71
    Post Thanks / Like

making my own qd

Well, this post might rank up there as being maybe the stupidest one, but I`m willing to endure the pain. Say my vehicle has light dust and/or fingerprints and I use a silicone free qd like meguiar`s FI or mother`s showtime, or something of the like. The reason for silicone free is because I don`t care about shine enhancing properties/enhancing the gloss. My main concern is getting the surface clean. Now, what would be the difference from using the above qd`s compared to mixing my car wash soap and water in a spray bottle and using that as a qd? I mean we all wash our vehicles with soap and water, so what`s the difference if I put it in a spray bottle? The only thing I can think of that might be better with a genuine qd is that it has more lubrication properties?
    Last edited by III; 03-07-2004 at 07:39 AM.
    "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again." John 3:3

Post Thanks / Like
    Soap needs to be rinsed off or it leaves as film. Poorboys Spray & Wipe is what you need.
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Wherever there is a mullet... I'll be there.
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is my take on QDs.... I like them for cleaning out drips that come out of nowhere after washing. I like it for cleaning off gas if I spill some while filling up. I like them for cleaning up the splash from that puddle I couldn`t avoid. What I don`t like it for is trying to substitue a good wash with it. For me I just use it for spot cleaning. I would never in a thousand years use it for a total car treatment. I see no value in using a QD when I can use $.05 worth of car wash and get it just as clean with less chance of scratching the paint. For my QD it doesn`t get any better than the former Platinum (now 4 Star) UGE. I love that stuff.

Thread Information