Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S&W then QD??

Post Thanks / Like

S&W then QD??

Do you guys S&W and then use a QD right after? I picked up a bottle of Meguiars FI and the directions mention it has high lubricity to wipe off minor dirt. I`m wondering if I need both steps.
    2000 Silverado Ext Cab Z71
    Lt Pewter

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: S&W then QD??

Originally posted by rtbrick
    Do you guys S&W and then use a QD right after? I picked up a bottle of Meguiars FI and the directions mention it has high lubricity to wipe off minor dirt. I`m wondering if I need both steps.
    It depends.
    Dusty only, I use a CCD and then a QD such as Final Inspection or Final Detail. If the dust is very light, I may skip the CCD.
    Anything more than dust, S&W and then the QD.

One exception. When using Platinum Ultimate Gloss Enhancer, I either use the S&W or I wash the vehicle. PUGE instructions say to use on a clean vehicle, so that is what I do. I do not use PUGE as a QD. I use it as a Gloss Enhancer.

Charles

Boss_429
    I almost always S & W and follow up with a QD. That way I`m sure I`ve got the dust/dirt off the finish. The S & W is excellent for cleaning, but doesn`t provide the extra gloss that some of the QD`s do.

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    :yeah

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been known to ONLY S&W, if I want a little added "pop" I pull out my favorite bang for the buck QD.....mother`s showtime.

Post Thanks / Like
    If time is an issue, S&W alone leaves a nice finish, if you got a little more time why not QD of as I and a few others do, put them both together and kill two birds with one stone.

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Thomasfl
    ...as I and a few others do, put them both together and kill two birds with one stone.
    Count me among the "few others"

S&W + Mother`s Showtime = The results of this combo reminds me of the name of a Stoner`s product....MSLT

Boss_429
    Yep, I`m finding that a mix of 80/20 of Platinum UGE/ S & W makes a fine final QD. The bit of S & W in there adds some extra lubrication, and a little extra cleaning. Still, I like to use the S & W full strength prior to the mixed final QD.

I`m going to have to try the same 80/20 mix with Showtime/S & W. I`m sure that will also work great.

Post Thanks / Like
    I seldom use anything other than SW and I think it leaves a great shine. Sometimes I mix it about 50/50 with QD+ and do that thing.
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is interesting to me that you people are comfortable mixing different products from different vendors for your own witches brew.
    I`m not always comfortable mixing a polish and a wax from two different manufacturers. :p
    Evidently it must be working.

Charles

Boss_429
    Originally posted by CharlesW
    It is interesting to me that you people are comfortable mixing different products from different vendors for your own witches brew.
    I`m not always comfortable mixing a polish and a wax from two different manufacturers. :p
    Evidently it must be working.
    It works great Charles............. as a matter of fact, my Gray truck is now Bright Orange after only 2 or 3 wipe-downs with the UGE/S&W mix!

Seriously, you make a good point, and one should be careful! Of course, I woudn`t have tried it without hearing of the success others have had mixing!

Right Wing Conservative NozeBleedSpeed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Man,Ive got one Zep bottle that I just mixed everything.Its undetermined amounts of PBQD,S&W,Megs QD,Mothers,EFCP,EO and Pinnacle.
    I call it Voodoo. :headbang

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by NozeBleedSpeed
    Man,Ive got one Zep bottle that I just mixed everything.Its undetermined amounts of PBQD,S&W,Megs QD,Mothers,EFCP,EO and Pinnacle.
    I call it Voodoo. :headbang
    Just to be safe, drink it. If you live, it will be OK to use on your car.

Charles

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boss_429,

Interesting your solution selection, seemingly with a preference of a higher content of QD. Any reason in particular?

My initial ratio was more like 60% S&W and 40% Showtime. Reasoning perhaps more lubricity with the S&W with a bit of shine. It also helped that that was the amount remaining in my Showtime bottle

Boss_429
    Mr. Clean,

The 80/20 QD mix I`m using is a final QD. My intent with that mix was to keep as much of the added gloss that the QD has, while adding a little bit of the lubrication/cleaning abilities of the S & W. I still use S & W full strength prior to the mix.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information