Post Thanks / Like

Acid based wheel cleaners

Every once in a while I get a vehicle with wheels that look like they haven`t been cleaned in years, and my normal choice for cleaning wheels (called Super Green Stuff, from Majestic Solutions here in Raleigh) doesn`t cut it. This stuff contains no acid, but some of the degreasers they carry at Majestic do. My question is, what precautions need to be taken to use acid based cleaners, and what types of wheels are they safe to use on?

Practice makes "PERFECT" clean4u's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well,,,, I use to drive a dump truck for a guy and and it had alot polised aluminum on it actually i used a acid based cleaner on the aluminum wheels,,,, which they where clean when i got finshed but they had to to be polised again!!! I hear NOT to used acid cleaners on clear coated wheels.
    "A Clean Ride is a Happy Ride" To some its just a Ride!!!! So True!!!!!

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chris I actually had this conversation with my chemist yesterday....he said it would be fine on all wheels except aluminum if used correctly...I am thinking of carrying one but it may be illegal to ship an acid based product over state lines. For aluminum he said basically use Spray and Wipe or regular washing and polish as needed.
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    For really baked on brake dust, I will use an acid based wheel cleaner. I dillute it 50/50 and only clean one wheel at a time. I spray on, count to ten and rinse, repaeat if necessary, but never allow it to dry on the wheel. Never clean a hot wheel and wear gloves/protective eyewear.

I have never had a problem.

Oh yeah uncoated aluminum+acid= etching.
    Word of Mouth Detailing
    A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    EBPcivicsi

Is correct except I remove the wheels, I have a deal with a local shop. That`s so I don`t damaged the break line or caliper take a bit longer but there is a up charge for this service @ $15.00 each wheel and piece of mind The product I use is call Lum Bright and I cut 4:1

Post Thanks / Like
    You really have people sign up for that? 60 Bucks is a lot of money just to get your wheels cleaned. I wish I know how to get that kind of money out of people!!!
    2003 Nissan 350Z Touring - Super Black - 6MT
    "Most legit people I know, they`d go a hundred miles out of their way not to make eye contact with me" - Tony Soprano

Post Thanks / Like
    Let me explain IF YOU PAY EXTRA TO BUY CHROME WHEELS YOU PAY EXTRA TO PROTECT THEM !!!!!!!!

After the wheels are cleaned then they are protected [sealed and wax] inside and out this service is a package deal that come with an exterior 100% Handwash and dress.

My service is QUALITY and BUSINESS not PASSION I charge more for 20" and up wheels the one`s w/the spinner we will talked about it I lube those up with water resistant lube as you can read I`m about BUSINESS

As you can see GMC and DODGE are getting into the big wheel games @ a HIGH up mark BUSINESS[B]
    Last edited by NEW AGAIN; 07-03-2004 at 06:02 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Acid based wheel cleaners...

I have had some wheels that simply could not be cleaned without an acid based cleaner. Be careful, and use protection on your skin and eyes while using !!!
    No buff to tuff

Thread Information