Thread: Concerning UPP

Post Thanks / Like

Concerning UPP

I have been searching this forum and another one for along time trying to figure out what to use on my new truck. It is Siver Metallic in color.

I think I have decided on UPP.

I have never used this product before and I did a search and didnt really get alot of info on it. So I thought I would post this.

How many people here use this stuff and what are your feelings on it compared to the awfull "Z" word and Klasse SG?

How is the durability of it?

Basically just looking for some more info before I purchase it.

Thanks,
    JR

Post Thanks / Like
    Its really easy to use and leaves the surface extremly slick and the paint really deep it looks like carnuba. I like it I lay down 1 coat of AIO then 3 coats of UPP and 1 coat of S100.
    www.exotiXboard.com

Post Thanks / Like
    i have used UPP, WG, Z, and SG. UPP is definetly my favorite. It is very slick and easier to use than Z and SG. it also looks really good, and does not give that plastic look that Z and SG give. I cant speak for long term durability, but within the past few weeks its been hit with hard spinkler water that have eaten through WG and it is still as slick as day one. UPP looks great on metallics, search for pictures posted by groebuck, the metallic flakes just sparkle.

good luck!
    Justin
    Now Driving: 1998 Black 4Runner
    Have a nice day

Post Thanks / Like
    I like UPP but the WG line up I think gives a better quality shine. As for which one lasts longer I don`t knopw I never leave my cars alone long enough

However my clinets cars that I do the UPP still beads up pretty well after 3 months
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used UPP with success. Goes on easy and seems to last a while in harsh midwest weather. I haven`t tried anything else worth talking about though, so I have no basis for comparison. I tried Turtle Wax Extra (no longer made) over it once and the TW was too hard to apply for little improvement. Now I just use the clay, UPP cleaner, and UPP.
    Terry

Post Thanks / Like
    Best stuff. Dude you will never go wrong with it.
    "A Auto Detailing"
    Charlotte, NC

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used both UPP and KSG. UPP is slicker, and stays slicker longer. I think SG looks better on lighter colours and metallics. UPP looks killer on darks and flat colours. Durability is less than SG, but I still get 2 or 3 months out of a car which is parked outside 24/7. With SG, I get 6 months or more. If you don`t need that kind of durability, get the UPP. It`s much easier to use, and it feels so niiiiiice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Beads water like it is allergic

Great warm glow to the paint

VERY slick, the slickets INO upon initial removal

3 months no problem in Memphis(summer or winter)

I like to use UPC before the UPP. I feel that it adds to the look as well as the durability. I have used AIO with it and it works fine, but I just prefer the UPC.

3 coats UPP

Word of Mouth Detailing
    A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    AIO+UPP have been awesome for me and my dark grey metallic paint - I don`t think I have felt a slicker product upon removal (have not tried EX-P which I hear is slick too ).
    You have activated my special ability....

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by groebuck
    AIO+UPP have been awesome for me and my dark grey metallic paint - I don`t think I have felt a slicker product upon removal (have not tried EX-P which I hear is slick too ).
    I`ve tried AIO with UPPv2, UPPv3, and EX-P in a side by side comparison. UPPv3 was the slickest, followed by EX-P. EX-P was the clearest, followed by UPPv3.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah , I`ve been reading UPP has been revised several times. How often does this occur? One wouldn`t know if to order now or keep on waiting to see if an even better version would be coming out.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Bill D
    Yeah , I`ve been reading UPP has been revised several times. How often does this occur? One wouldn`t know if to order now or keep on waiting to see if an even better version would be coming out.
    UPPv3 is an exceptionally nice product. This thread discusses the various versions of UPP - UPP After One Year

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys.....Sounds like UPP it the ticket!!!!
    2002 Chevy Silverado Z71
    Pewter Metallic in color

Thread Information