Thread: What Products

Post Thanks / Like

What Products

I have a 2001 Tribute and paint is in good condition. I am assuming it has swirls (feather scratches) in the clear coat. You can only see them under flourescent light at night. I don`t know what to use...I am going to get a PC and would like suggestions on products...all the way from polishes, sealants, wax and pads.

I see people using all types of acronyms that I am unfamiliar with so please spell it out or point me to the acronym list. I have looked at Zaino and almost bought it but want recommendations...Some have recommended poorboys. I have read about Klasse. I read on P21S....and the list goes on.

When you reply with your recommendations please provide steps.. All help is appreciated.

Thanks

Brian

Post Thanks / Like
    I would fall into that classification of people recommending Poorboys. I`ve had great success using his SSR`s...Super Swirl Removers, followed by Polish with Carnuba or Pro Polish topped with EX or the new EX-P. That`s the steps...preceeded by wash, clay....then the SSR, polish, EX. Bingo! Perfection!!
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Jim, get the Poorboys line up great products at great prices and easy to use.

After you get done washing & drying the car use the clay with quick detail spray.
    Do a panel at a time and wipe with clean with a dry terry towel. Then with the PC I use a cutting pad with the PB SSR line up. Depending on the condition of the car you might want to start with SSR2 ( Steve can help you with the selection on this)
    Follow up with a polish pad and PB polish with carnuba, then his EX sealant done by hand. This should set the paint back up real well.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    so you don`t put the sealant on before the wax? I thought u use sealant prior to waxing.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I need to get this straight in my head also. I don`t think I`ll be using the Polish w/carnuba prior to the sealant. I`ll be using Pro Polish.....no carnuba, prior to sealing it with EX-P...also no carnuba. I want a clear finish. No wax. ...probably...but I might experiement
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JimS
    I need to get this straight in my head also. I don`t think I`ll be using the Polish w/carnuba prior to the sealant. I`ll be using Pro Polish.....no carnuba, prior to sealing it with EX-P...also no carnuba. I want a clear finish. No wax. ...probably...but I might experiement
    Jim - I just posted my review of EX-P in this thread.

EX-P: A first look at the production version

It includes a comparison of EX-P over 3 different polishes. You are correct in saying that prepping with Pro Polish will give you a very clear finish.

Post Thanks / Like
    My biggest problem with poorboys is I am in the military and live in hawaii. They want $27 shipping for 3 16oz bottles. Kinda ruins the cheap prices....

Brian

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by runnerbl
    My biggest problem with poorboys is I am in the military and live in hawaii. They want $27 shipping for 3 16oz bottles. Kinda ruins the cheap prices....

Brian
    A little bird told me that there might be a PB distributor in Hawaii soon. Cross your fingers and hope that it happens.

Post Thanks / Like
    Having this shipping problem...What is the next product you experts recommend. Is Klasse AIO and the Sealant good? What about Zaino (local distributor). I just don`t want to buy $100 worth of products and not be happy with them. Also, what preferences do y`all have in towels. Both drying and removing wax/polish/sealant?

Thanks again

Brian

Post Thanks / Like
    Where do you get the EX-P...don`t see it listed on website.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by runnerbl
    Where do you get the EX-P...don`t see it listed on website.
    At this time, I think you either need to call or send an email. The websites haven`t been updated yet. Steve posted information in this thread -

How to order EX-P

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Runnerbl:
    If you are looking for micro fiber towels, one of the best MF vendors is located in Honolulu.
    Try Ranney at Pak Shak. He can steer you to the right towel for the right use.
    Tell him you are a member of Detail City.
    www.pakshak.com

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    Also,

What websites offer discounts to those members of Detail City.
    I have seen some messages that say 10% of purchase for Detail City members yet I don`t know where I say it.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t been around this forum long enough to know if it`s ok to list the vendors and coupon codes here so I`ll refer you to where you can see them.

Go to the detial city home page by clicking on the home button, right underneath the gallery is list of Detail City Sponsors. The ones that offer discounts say so in that section. You would just need to enter the coupon code when you checkout.
    Fasten Your Seat Belt! It helps keep the aliens from sucking you out of the car.

Thread Information