Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up New Extractor review!!

I just got a new extractor sent to me yesterday from Top of the Line made by the same folks who put out the Ninja hot water extractor made by Century. these folks put out some top notch stuff and this little extractor is no different.

Very compact and lightweight but yet still has 75 inches of lift and a very powerful spray jet, almost too powerful for its size. The extractor nozzle is first rate and made of durable see thru plastic and all steel nozzles and hook ups. Nothing cheap here. Some smaller extractors make a great deal of noise but this unit is no louder than my "quiet" wet/dry vac.

The drawbacks of this unit are that it is not a hot water extractor but you can use heated water in it. I`ll explain how you can do this later. The other draw back, which is really minor, is the on/off switch is located towards the bottom rear of the unit. It would be nice to have one on top of the unit. As for the whole hot water issue, well as long as you are using a good pre-spot then cold water will clean very well. In fact I hardly ever use a cleaning solution in my extractors but rather I spray the area and then agitate with a brush if needed, then extract. I like to use clean water as a rinsing agent more so than a cleaning agent.

You can obtain a portable heating unit from a janitorial supply place. This is a heater that drops into a 5 gallon bucket of water and heats it up to about 140 degrees and you then add this to your tank.

I used in my tank Top of the Lines "Rug Renew" and pre-spotted with 303`s fabric and upholstery spot cleaner. This is great stuff and if you handle dirty carpets and stuff alot you need to try this stuff out.

The unit costs $495.00 which is a great price for a unit that is small enough for the mobile detailer but also large enough to handle the interior of a midsized car without having to re-fill. The Century people stand behind their products withgreat customer service so any repairs needed are handled with prompt profesional care.

But the real issue is how it works so I used my very neglected truck as a demo. Here are a few BEFORE pics.

I`ll post pics later
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a BEFORE of my passenger seat where a few days ago I spilled some Poorboys SSR2.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is an AFTER shot of my floorboard

Post Thanks / Like
    The seat AFTER. I had to scrub the set in polish a bit but it all cam eout. The extractor unit has a real nice suction to it and leaves the seats/carpets just damp.

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful! Just beautiful!

I love the look of a good clean interior. What was the specific name/model of the unit? How would you compare it to other extractors such as a Mytee or a Durrmaid perhaps?
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

Post Thanks / Like
    A few pictures of the unit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a pic of the waste tank seperated from the bottom half which contains the rinse water.

Post Thanks / Like
    Im in the market for a nice durrmaid that extractor looks nice if you dont mind me asking how much was that. Nice results
    www.exotiXboard.com

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its $495

Post Thanks / Like
    thats now bad Tassadar have you tried the Durrmaid before. ?
    www.exotiXboard.com

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ive never used any extractor, im still looking for the right one to buy.

Post Thanks / Like
    I see I have Definetly decided on the durrmaid the Mytee are to epensive and to big and heated models are way to much money the Durrmaid is perfect heated has a strong 2 stage vacumm motor its great.
    www.exotiXboard.com

Post Thanks / Like
    The Durmaid`s one advantage over this unit is that it has hot water but you are paying almost another $200 extra for that hot water ability.

The Durmaid is also much louder than the Century 400 unit. The Durmaid has 90 inches of lift and the Century unit has 75. The top units have about 100 to 150 inches of lift which can be overkill at times and they also cost about $700 more plus they are larger and bulkier.

Too much lift is bad if cleaning head liners because it can be pulled away or if cleaning car mats as the suction grabs hold and moves the mat all around. If you are currently using something like the Bissel then this Century unit is a HUGE step up and a step up in the right direction also. I have used the Bissel and for a 4 door car I would need to re-fill once or twice which is time consuming.

This little machine is built tough, holds enough water/solution to do an average sized car, is quiet, powerful, light in weight and when compared to using no extractor at all it`s well worth the money.

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    As I noted before if hot water is a must you can save the $200 and instead spend about $40 on a bucket heater.

They look like this.
    http://steambrite.com/merchant.ihtml...tid=114&step=4

Place it in a 5 gallon bucket of water, drop in a thermostat (some heates have a built in thermostat that shuts the unit off when the water gets to your desired temp). The Century units claims to handle water at a temperature of 140 degrees.

Then transfer, carefully, the water from the bucket to the rinse tank and extract away.

Anthony

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh the constant struggles of finding the perfect solution.

Thread Information