Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Smile meg`s quick detailer or quick wax for engine bay ?

Which would be best meg`s quick detailer or quick wax ? I have had wind that their quick detailer is an agressive stuff, wonder if that is true.

I have no other choice than to resort to spray wax, as it s nearly impossible to go their by hand.........i mean getting all the spots that is........and being the meticulous guy that i am, i Got to get all the spots, and recessed areas

take care

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    general rule is heat and wax don`t mix....wax will yellow and haze from the heat of an engine....
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    you might have a very good point here Poorboy.......but then what do you apply there ? Vivyl dressing ?

thanks

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes a water-based dressing works well in engine compartments...watch out if the product say it has petroleum distillates.... oh no it`s on fire...lol
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

He he he Poorboy, i use 303 most of the time, i guess this one`s ok :p

Mind you good advice though, one wouldnt want fire in the engine compartment !

take care

P.S. it`s funny you say vinyl dressing does a good job in the engine compartment, cause after spraying the hose down today, i noticed i had sprayed EVERYTHING thing aside rubber hoses Wowee i won`t have to remove it then lol.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t get it on the belts or pulleys.
    Slick stuff + belts and pulleys = not good.

I happen to use Meg`s Final Inspection a lot under the hood. Spray it on, wipe it off. Where I can`t get to it to wipe with a cloth, I use a soft bristled paint brush. I put some tape around the metal sleeve on the paint brush so it doesn`t scratch anything.

Just a thought, would this be a good place for Spray & Wipe?

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

Charles...

Charles, does it hold long enoug, i mean does it seem to stay on a relatively good while, cause a guy told me here i think, that heat and wax don`t mix, so now i don`t know what to think But of course reality beats theory...that is, if you tell me it does hold up to heat, then i guess, it `s cause it works, but i can`t argue on this as, this summer is actually my first serious summer about trying out stuffs on the car.

Best regards Charles

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chip:
    Meg`s Quick Detailer is a fairly aggressive cleaner/wax. I would not use it in the engine compartment.
    The Final Inspection is just a quick detail product. It probably doesn`t do much protecting and may not last that long. My vehicles get the engine compartment cleaned every time I wash the exterior. I either wash things down with my shampoo solution or wipe it down with the FI. As you might expect, things aren`t ever too dirty. It`s lots easier to keep them clean than it is to clean them up after everything is baked on.
    The point of all this rambling; do it often and what you use becomes less important.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey,

I think that we are confusing #66 "Quick Detailer"-One step cleaner wax with "Quik Detailer" of the consumer line which is a QD similar to #34 Final Inspection. However, Quik Detailer is not approved for the Body Shop where #34 Final Inspection is.

Cheers!
    Tim

Post Thanks / Like

CharlesW

CharlesW you raised a dang good point here, which i`ve in mind for a good while now......the thing is to get the upper hand on paint, interior etc....then keeping that up is a snap.

=======`> and to follow in the same path the other poster(whose name slips me) there s a lot of confusion about retail quick detailer(the maroon bottle and the tan one), #66 i think ? which seems to be quite agressive.

Regards

Mark

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CharlesW

Originally posted by chip douglas
    =======`> and to follow in the same path the other poster(whose name slips me) there s a lot of confusion about retail quick detailer(the maroon bottle and the tan one), #66 i think ? which seems to be quite agressive.
    While there is some confusion because of the similarity in names, it is less of a problem than it might be. Most people are not even aware of the #66 Quick Detailer Cleaner/Wax.
    The retail QD is spelled Quik (no c) Detailer as well as being in the Maroon bottle. It also has one of the best spray bottles for QD I have ever used.
    To confuse things a little more, Meguiar`s also makes a QD called Final Detail. It is also not "body shop safe". Since most of us aren`t painting, that isn`t really too important.
    All three Meguiar`s QD`s do a pretty good job. Right now I have a gallon of FI, a gallon of FD, the remainder of a gallon of Platinum Ultimate Gloss Enhancer and a new gallon of PUGE on order. I think I have a thing about QD`s.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    what does it mean when a product is "bodyshop safe"?

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Silicone free
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

In Exile
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Bodyshop Safe

Originally posted by Tassadar
    Silicone free
    So, would Natty`s assistant be "Bodyshop Safe"?

Boss_429
    Not in my "bodyshop"!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information