Post Thanks / Like
    I posted before I saw all the pics ...
    Once again awesome job.
    The results are definitely "Priceless"
    It`s what you learn after you know it all that counts ... John Wooden

Post Thanks / Like
    wow..just one great job...
    jeff

Pittsburgh, Pa buy way of Winston-Salem N.C.
    Post Thanks / Like
    great job!! what did you use on the wheels. i was told that those kind of results were only capable using a rotary.
    Last edited by bozack23; 03-27-2004 at 09:21 PM.
    Auto Spa Detailing.. Treat your auto to a day at THE SPA!!!!
    Scott

Western PA where Spring is beautiful...both days.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holy Cr*p BM!!! That looks fantastic!

I used my PC for the first time today as well...but not on a black-swirl monster. I have a `95 Toyota that I have....neglected....and black. Can you give some specifics about PC speed, pad used with Meg`s #9, PC patterns, and time needed to remove the water spots and swirls? I`m facing similiar Ugliness, but you`ve inspired me. As a "rank amatuer" I was getting a little intimidated.

Thanks...and great work. Please let us know the owners reaction.
    Don`t cry honey. I wasn`t polishing the car again. I swear! :naughty

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t write this to take away from the great job done by "bad", because the car looks great BUT he did say that he used Meg. #9 which has fillers in it so it may be that the swirls have been filled and not removed.

The PC will not remove swirls, perhaps it may with very light swirls, but medium to heavy swirls it will not remove because there is not enough heat and friction developed but it will lay down #9 very nicely which will hide swirls and it is said that NXT also has filling capabilities.

Again not taking away from a job well done but I thought I would just add that.

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Not bad, What did you use on the wheels. ?
    www.exotiXboard.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job.

Post Thanks / Like
    That car was so bad before, it`s amazing you got such good results. The wheels were about the most horrid I have seen in a while. I guess the owner finally discovered a thing called wax. If he had only waxed quarterly from the beginning his car would have looked great.
    "Aerodynamics are for people who don`t know how to build engines" - Enzo Ferrari

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the feedback, i have a huge smile on my face from the fantastic responses

Anthony: I concur with your statement, and i beleive you are right. As mentioned above, due to time/weather constraints i was unable to perform the 3 step cleaning, polishing and waxing process i originally wanted. But tried my best with the resources i had (and the limited time too). I`d say 90-95% of the spiderwebbings/scratches were successfully removed and/or filled in....not to mention the hideous water spots, caked on pollen/dust and other impurities onthe paint.

If MPPC was used like i originally planned, then i beleive that the sratches/swirls would have been more efficiently removed...then #9 would just seal the deal...and NXT would have been my topper.

I used Eagle1`s A2Z wheel cleaner as the preliminary fight against the horrible brakedust that was baked on. I then spent some serious back breakin time scrubbing (with bug/tart sponge & a gentle non scratching wheel brush) while rinsing off the grime. I then followed with a tad of simple green to help remove the crub off the tires, rinsing continuously with water. Finally, i used small amounts of Poorboys PP to help bring out some luster from the wheels, and to better remove some oxidation and tarnishing too.

I was a little nervous using the PC, sat and debated whether or not i should use it for like 10 minutes...but then mustered up my confidence and went to it. I basically followed info/advice ive read through these forums (and a few GREAT links that have been provided too) and proceeded with Meg`s #9 on 4.5-5 setting using the thorough pattern shown on a site that was posted numerous times on these forums. Wiped clean with MF towels....then finally coated it with NXT, and voila.

The PC is incredibly effiecient , easy to use and much less tiring (and more consistant in the results) than hand polishing/waxing.

As for the client....that was the magical part of the day, one word.....she was Ecstatic. The thanks shining smile and warm appreciation for the work was very special, not to mention the generous tip i was given too.

All in all, a grueling task....but like always, when its all said and done.....satisfaction sets in.
    -Mike

Owner - Mike`s Car Wash & Detail

A New Standard of Excellence.

"Invest in a company that you know can be run by an idiot...because soon enough, it will be." ~Peter Lynch

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, i forgot to share this pic of the Mercedes all taped up (before the PC work was about to be done). For some reason it looks like a covert car with all the badging gone and the model hidden.....covert to say the least.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -Mike

Owner - Mike`s Car Wash & Detail

A New Standard of Excellence.

"Invest in a company that you know can be run by an idiot...because soon enough, it will be." ~Peter Lynch

Post Thanks / Like
    lookin good man. real nice

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Down the road a bit?

Hi Mike:
    As I said before, Awesome job.

If you have regular contact with this customer, it would be very interesting to see if the swirls and paint flaws do come back.

Having used #9 several times for what I thought was swirl removal, I would be very interested in what the car looks like after a few washes.

One reason I felt the #9 removed swirls is my combination of products on my van. #9 followed by Klasse AIO x2 and UPP x2 as my last step.
    My feeling was that any fillers left by #9 would have been removed by the AIO, but the finish still looked great after the AIO applications. :dunno
    It is my understanding that AIO not only doesn`t remove swirls, it may even cause them to be more apparent. I`m pretty sure my last step of UPP doesn`t have any swirl filling capabilities, either.

If I`m not removing those swirls and scratches, am I filling them? If I am, some of them have been filled for over a year.

The process is used on a very dark blue van that appears black in some light.

If this is considered hijacking the thread, we can get rid of my post

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    Poorboys SSR`s removed swirls with the PC on about #5 on a car I did. Used SSR 3, then 1, then PP.
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice job mike. i still cant post any of my pics????

Post Thanks / Like
    SITopShine - Just a guess here on your pics problem. If you are trying the preview post button that seems to interfer with the pict posting. Just attach you photo and submit without the preview.

If you aren`t getting the attach button, try using the post reply button at the top of the page.

And if you are not having technical difficulties please ignore me.
    Fasten Your Seat Belt! It helps keep the aliens from sucking you out of the car.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information