Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

AIO!!! Some Advice!!

Instead of using AIO at full strength try this as your final prep before applying SG or your favorite polymer etc.

Put approximately 1oz. of Klasse AIO in a spray bottle with approx. 4-6oz. of water and shake well. Mist over surface you are going to polish and procede with PC or Rotary as you would normally(make sure your pad is damp).

I have found that I get actually get better lube with the product(because of the added water), waste less of AIO and get the same results while it is so much easier to spray the AIO on the panel than trying to squirt it out of the bottle on the pad or vehicle.

I used way less AIO on a black vehicle doing it this way, probably about 1/4 less.
    Results were the same as using AIO undiluted(amazing).

Hope it saves you some product and brings you the same results.
    If I had better friends I wouldn`t drink so much!

Post Thanks / Like
    thats really weird...... a porsche owner trying to save money by diluting AIO???????
    The best comment of my life.......

"Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it. " awd330

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, thanks. Can`t wait to try this....

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe it`s not his Porsche Zesty. Anyway, sounds like an interesting idea. I`ll try it. Thanx Tralfaz.
    I love the smell of EX-P in the morning.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah it is my porsche in the avatar, that thing is too clean to drive if you know what I mean.

I just get so sick of wasting product in the pads, wiping off residue with MF, etc. The micro thin layer that these products only put on is so fine I don`t see wasting anymore than I have to.

I actually tried this method out on the girlfriends black jeep and was amazed at the results, so much easier to put on, just stand back and spray a nice fine mist over the panel or pad and go to work. I did make sure my foam pad was damp before starting.
    I actually prefer this method over the non-diluted application, so much easier to spread around and a breeze to wipe off.

I have been screwing around with almost every product out there just for the hell of it and the AIO and SG continue to impress me.
    FMJ is really awesome also. I`m gonna try start diluting some other products(Zaino, FMJ, Menzerna line, 3M stuff, etc.) as well to see what results I get. I`ll keep you posted on durability etc.

Hope this saves people some time and cash.

Post Thanks / Like
    One more note, a very good high quality small spray bottle will be your best friend.

I`m also trying out some home brew QD`s by playing with certain products and mixing them together, what the hell I`m sick of paying 20 plus bucks a gallon for essentially water.

I will let you all know how this works out.

Post Thanks / Like
    "If I had better friends I wouldn`t drink so much!"

Hummmm! I think your signature sums it up for all!

TC
    There Is a Very Fine Line Between "Hobby" And "Mental Illness"

Post Thanks / Like
    Seeing as I just left your house with beer in hand I will have to re-evaluate this. NOT!

Glad to know your safe and sound!

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried your AIO method with SG?

Eric
    Have you AIO`d today?
    Done, or Done right? You decide.
    Score early, Score often.
    You can not win from the penalty box.
    You can not score from the penalty box.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tralfaz - thanks for the great thread.
    I went a little further and used a 16:1 water to AIO ratio for a QD last Saturday.
    I first washed my car with Megs Gold Class.
    Then, I put 3 capfuls of AIO in a large bucket of clean, clear water and stirred it up.
    I took the solution and wet down the entire car. Rinsed down the car with a flow of water and wiped it down with a couple MF towels. It had a great shine. Not being totally satisfied, I took the 16:1 QD and put the final touchs on the vehicle.

AIO is totally impressive. Try it - You`ll like it.

Post Thanks / Like
    AIO, even that diluted would wipe out most of your LSP, wouldn`t it?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used the AIO diluted as a QD but only use it on things that do not have a polymer or paste wax topper.

Reason is that I do not want the AIO to strip any of my FMJ, SG, etc. off the vehicle.

I am using the SG diluted as a QD on things that I have used SG as my final finish on, my truck etc. It works very well and is a breeze to remove all the while giving you back that real slick feeling.
    I`m actually experimental with Zaino this way, and using it as a topper, yes a topper. I have found that I have had no problem using Z as a topper over any other polymer. I like topping SG with it.

The AIO diluted makes an excellent glass, plastic, etc. cleaner and shines things up very nicely. I experiment with this stuff on the girls jeep and my truck, if I like what happens I use it on the Porsche.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks alot Tralfaz! I was finding excuses NOT to buy the Klasse Twins, but you ruined that for me. SG is different from the other stuff I have on hand as it is wipe on/off. Diluting in a Spray sounds very reasonable. Same with AIO for cleaning up those thing that don`t get topped.

Post Thanks / Like
    Let me preface by saying that if it works for you, then that`s all that matters.

And iince I have not tried this method for myself, I cannot question it in practice.

But in theory, I don`t really see a reason to do this. Even with my PC I barely use any AIO to do my vehicles. I`ve had the same bottle for the last 3 years.

AIO also has some very very mild cutting action in my experience (which klasse does not advertise). Wouldn`t diluting it and spraying it out of a bottle negate this advantage? It also has chemical cleaners. Would the added water not negate this as well?

AIO and SG are both made free of water. I belive this is for a reason. Wouldn`t adding water again go against conventional wisdom?

I`m not rying to flame. In the end do what works for you.

I guess I`m just old school .

Bill. :up

Professional Detailer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have found using AIO full strength will definitely strip polymer or wax products. I dilute 3 oz. AIO to 16 oz. water and I don`t have this problem. The more times I quick detail my vehicles with this mixture, the nicer the finish becomes. You can`t layer AIO full strength, but you definitley can layer AIO in its diluted form. I don`t believe the company advertises this information because they could not market their Sonus Quick Detail Spray if they did.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information