Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I need more sugar!!!!!! KleanFreak's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My zaino experince

well i decided to order some zaino a while ago to see what all the hype was about...

my first complaint was the size of the bottle when i got it in the mail... 8oz for 12.95$ not much of a steal to me

I figured hey you get what you pay for but wasnt overy excited with the average results i got using this polish.

I mean it did give a wonderful shine but nothing to brag about I have had better result just using good `ol meguiars

Post Thanks / Like
    thats expensive! did you go through all the steps? Z1,Z2,Z3,ect? or you only used 1 bottle?

Post Thanks / Like
    i used the z-5 and z-2 couldnt see breaking open my piggy bank to buy every product they sell

Post Thanks / Like
    btw what color is your car? if its a metalic or light color i don`t think Zanio will make much of a difference. If you got black it might. Personally i stick with Klasse AIO/SG if i want to take the synthetic route.

Post Thanks / Like
    i used it on my mothers charcoal colored camry

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not too sure if I`m crazy about a company`s system in which they say, "This will only work if you buy our products predessor and the product that comes after it."

Just my opinion though.
    Nick Carberry
    ~Detailing high-end cars with quality products~

Post Thanks / Like
    I got the whole system as a present for christmas from my unlce who swears by it but I have yet to try it so I cant comment but I do have the whole shibang

Post Thanks / Like
    Zaino was the first ever detail product that I purchased and I really cant believe what the fuss is all about. Even with the zfx, it did not seem to be very user friendly (Z2). They advertise the Z5 as being a swirl remover and it absolutely didnt do a thing. I did however, like their QD and tire dressing. The durablity was good but the shine was pretty average to me even after mutliple coats. I have since switched to Poorboys and have been very satisfied. Just my .02.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t think it`s so bad that they try to sell a line of products - I mean I use AIO/UPP SSR2/PwC/EX - not that the sellers tell me I have to buy their whole line to get results (in fact I think PB sez his products work well with other products)..never tried Zaino so I can`t bag on it ( I can bag on them charging 9bucks for shipping one bottle but I was told that was a flat rate for 12 dollars or 200 dollars worth of product..hmmm). Not to drag other threads in but on another site where they reviewed EX and bagged on it - one zaniac in particular was harping about the price of EX was not worth the amount you get... and 13 bucks for 8oz is??? :lol
    You have activated my special ability....

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all,

This will be my virgin post here on this forum. I`m not new to this detail scene, but definitely no pro..unlike many of the gurus here. I could only stay in the dark and lurk around.
    But since I just had my first hand experience with UPP applying on top of my 3 layers of Zaino, thought I`d offer my $.02.

Just little background info about my detailing exp., I`ve been through some of the most popular brands of wax and polymer sealant out there...from old school Zymol, Klasse, Meguiar, P21S, Zaino, Liquid Tech, Trade Secret, Souveran wax, and UPP.
    I purchased UPP as a substitute for Zaino, and use it as an alternative to Sourveran wax for my daily car. At first I used it on my Ti Gray Volvo, but wasn`t too impressed with the shine. More or less on the same level with Zaino. However, it was probably the most long lasting polymer sealant I`ve ever tried!! It The volvo went through Pinnacle Clay -> Medallion PPC-> AOI -> then UPP.

At the same time on my wife`s straight black S class, I was using PC -> Menzerna Intensive Polish -> Men. Final Polish (some areas with AOI) -> Souveran wax. It was probably the best result I`ve seen on that car so far. But using SW was just provent to be not practical as it attracts dust like nothing else and just not that durable. So I finally decided to switch back to Zaino on the Benz just thought to give it a try even though I knew it wouldn`t have the same depth as the SW.

Man...was I disappointed. Just like others said, Z5 didn`t do jack. I`ve tried couple layers of Z5 and it couldn`t take out some swirls that I missed when I was going over the car w/ Menzerna polish. Then after 3 layers of Z2, it was still disappointed. Gee...even the acrylic look wasn`t all that impressive at all.

Then today, I just decided to give UPP a try. And just to prove that all polymer should be competiable, I didn`t want to buy that BS Zaino was selling..."Not to use our products with other brands.." LOL..:beat They were right...UPP couldn`t go on top of Zaino without leaving subtle cloudy streaks, which could only be seen from some angle. It took some serious elbow grease to get them out.

But the good news is...HOLY COW!!!! UPP rocks on black paint!! Even the paint has no metallic in it, the UPP looks A LOT shinier in terms of acrylic reflection, and it has the wet oily look that`s very similar to SW! It`s the best polymer sealant I`ve used to date. Zaino just got owned. :mohawk Also from the past exp with UPP on my Volvo, I know for sure it will last for a good long time.

I`m ditching Zainos for good. Overpriced and so-so performance. Then again, it`s pretty subjective...don`t want to offend any Zaino fan. But after going through 3 bottles of Zaino and countless layers of them on my other cars, I think I can make a very fair judgement.

Sorry for the long post...I`m just a bit too excited with how UPP turned out.

Boss_429
    Originally posted by Kai
    Just little background info about my detailing exp., I`ve been through some of the most popular brands of wax and polymer sealant out there...from old school Zymol, Klasse, Meguiar, P21S, Zaino, Liquid Tech, Trade Secret, Souveran wax, and UPP.
    Ahhh................ that warms my heart to hear all those products mentioned in one sentence! :boohoo You`re in good company here!

Glad you liked the UPP.......... it`s a very nice product!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Boss_429
    Ahhh................ that warms my heart to hear all those products mentioned in one sentence! :boohoo You`re in good company here!

Glad you liked the UPP.......... it`s a very nice product!
    :jump
    Yup, I`m very excited to be posting here.

UPP had me convinced that polymer can be almost as kickarse as carnauba wax. It`s definitely an under-hype product.

Post Thanks / Like
    Upp is a great product to layer with. I use (2) layers of UPP on top of the Klasse twins with great result. My Tahoe is wet looking with great shine.
    Ron - always trying to improve and perfect my trade

Click here to visit my gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    I get great results with all the products mentioned, but Zaino requires a very rigorous prep, which frankly, can be a pain in the ass sometimes. The car must be completely polished, swirl-free and washed prior to application. However, if you are willing to put in the time, you will be rewarded with a mirror finish that will outlast any other product i`ve ever used. Some might feel that Z is a bit plastic-looking, but if you are getting poor results, you just aren`t doing it correctly. I`m not a Z freak either. Frankly, i`m seeing very little need to go beyond PB SSR1 and EX nowdays. I`m losing my patience for esoteric products that demand too much and don`t work any better than PBs - if as well. Come to think of it - ALL sealers require that the finish be polished and swirl-free prior to application.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I have to throw a positive comment in for zaino. I have an indigo blue truck and I use the Z5 (scratch and swirl remover) all the time. I have been using it for almost 4 yrs now (truck is a 2000). When my truck was new while washing my truck I had my dog (golden retriver) in the bed. Someone came over and he got excited and decided to throw his paws over the side. I had a few 3-4ft scratches on the side of the bed. I used about 2 coats of Z5 (and some scrubbing) and the scratches were completely gone.
    Ryan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information