Thread: Hello

Post Thanks / Like

Hello

Whats up DC. new guy here from Northern VA.

I just bought a new 2004 FX4 F-150 about a month ago. It is a white truck with alot of black trim . I park it outside all the time and use it in alot of different driving conditions, my question is about doing the first wash , polish , and wax .

I have no experience in detaiing a truck and would like some suggestions on what materials to use the 1st time and then for the rest of my trucks long life, to keep it looking good.

Thanks in advance for any help..... great site !

Post Thanks / Like
    :welcome
    Theres a few combinations....most all good.....
    1. Heres the site that spnsors this site, he has just about everything you need, if not he can probably get if you ask ..
    http://www.premiumautocare.com/

White, new paint.....hummmmm
    This is just my combo for white,-
    In the shade....i would
    1.Wash vehicle
    Meguiars car wash or Plaintum Car wash
    2. Klasse AIO or 4 Star UPC cleaner
    3. 4 Star UPP or Poorboys EX would be a nice topper...Wait an hour or 3 before taking product off
    4. You should get your self some Micro Fiber towels to take product off..

YOU/I may want to clay(Clay Magic) the vehicle after the first wash.. it may have specs or particles stuck on the paint..would have to see it..

The next day, you may want to wash again and add a second UPP or EX...

Then get some 4 Star quick detailer spray to kind it nice through out the week...

If you get serious, you may want to think about a Porter Cable and pads to apply the products better

There are some threads that get more detail`d..you may want to read some, you can call Dwayne at PAC on Monday and he will explain this process much better than me..
    jeff

Thread Information