Post Thanks / Like

Any Shooters here ?

I was wondering if there were any target shooters either rifle or pistol out here, or shotgunners ? ( Sporting Clays and the likes) Guns and cars are hobbies that usually go together. :cool

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any Shooters here ?

Originally posted by rollman
    I was wondering if there were any target shooters either rifle or pistol out here, or shotgunners ? :cool
    Yes, definitely! :wait
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boss_429
    After I got out of the service (many years ago), I used to shoot competitively (Large bore - Bench Rest).

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m a shooter too! Mostly handguns but do own a handfull of rifles. Love the sport! I`m also a certified NRA instructor.

Post Thanks / Like
    How about archery guys? I work with our local 4H Shooting Sports program as a leader in the archery discipline. Also, Indiana Hunter Ed Instructor and National Bowhunter Ed Instructor. Can`t get enough of the "stick & string".

Dave
    Extreme Clean ~ Extreme Shine
    "Do not hire a man who does your work for money, but him who does it for love of it." - Thoreau

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by DLR Detailing
    How about archery guys?
    Dave
    When I was 15, I belonged to a JOAD (Junior Olympic Archery Developement) group. We won the Midwest Team Championship in Michigan. As for the firesticks, I have shot in several pistol combat matches (I won a few), and among my peers, I`m one of the best (and most consistant) shooters. (not to blow my own horn too much)
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like
    I havent shot competivly since I got out of the military.

While I was in there I was a Sniper and we use to shoot NRA Competitions. But after I got out its mainly just fun events at the local sportsman club and 3d archery range.

Post Thanks / Like
    I THINK ITS GONNA RAIN ALL YEAR HERE IN PENNSYLVANIA!!!!!!!!!
    Sounds like you have some of our rain!...We`re in a drought down here.

I used to shoot clay targets years ago.
    R. B.
    What Good Are Low Prices If You Lose Your Job?

Boss_429
    Originally posted by TQB
    I havent shot competivly since I got out of the military.

While I was in there I was a Sniper and we use to shoot NRA Competitions. But after I got out its mainly just fun events at the local sportsman club and 3d archery range.
    Tommy,

So, you were a Scout with the Corps?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I was Boss.

I was originally suppose to be a 60 gunner but when I was on camp geiger going throught ITB I broke the range record for the base with a m16. So I was imediatly swarmmed by the s/s brigade. I then completed that school and went to quantico for S/S school. After completing that I took the recon indoc and then went on to 2Nd Force Recon as a sniper. I then had to extend for 2 years because in order to go to all the schools you must stay with the teams for 4 years. All in all it was a great time and alot of fun but no place to raise a family. Out of the 4 years I was in the teams I was only on US soil for 7 months. We were always somewhere doing something. The wife couldnt take the lifestyle and worring anymore so I decided I couldnt let her suffer anymore. So I opted to get out instead of doing something else. Sometime I really miss the days in the CORPS. Other days I am so happy to be done.

I did 2 years with the reserves after getting off active duty as a rifle range instructor (PMI) but its sad to say the people in the reserves thinks its all a big joke and just another way to earn some extra cash. I didnt like that so I just got out of the whole shibang.

Boss_429
    Tommy,

My hat is off to ya.............. being a S/S is a tough, and lonely job. Hope you never had to use your skills. Back when I was in the service, you didn`t have a choice of what you wanted to do............. they drafted you, and did what they wanted. I could have qualified high enough to become a S/S, but knew better to avoid it. Of course, as it turned out, dropping down a line 30 or 40 feet from a Huey into a hot LZ didn`t turn out two be much fun either!

After two tours in Nam, I decided I had enough of the CORPS!

Semper Fi
    Boss_429
    1st Recon

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah a S/S is a lonely life .... I was in Somalia 3 times, Bosnia, and did 1 1/2 years in South America workin with the DEA in counter drug ops.

Post Thanks / Like
    Greetings all. I have surfed here for awhile, and this is my first post. Glad to see that there are a number of shooters here. I shoot mostly pistol matches, but as long as it goes bang, I like it. Nice to know that some of America`s finest are on this board.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Glock model #23. My shooting is adequate at best, no competitions in my future, I am no Ayoob Massad.
    No buff to tuff

Thread Information