Post Thanks / Like

Test Day Clear Kote & Poorboy`s

So today I had to get acquainted with quite a few products that I recently received from both Clear Kote and Poorboy`s. The test bed, my 2003 Gray Metallic IS300. One thing these are only based on one time use, so my results are not perfect.

First up the Poorboy`s Spray & Wipe. This is an awesome product, you can clean your car with a spray of this product and a wipe of a MF. I had some bugs on my hood I figured no way, it did take a few extra sprays but it got it. My car wasn`t very dirty so it was clean in a matter of minutes. I highly recommend this product because most of us don`t wait for our cars to get dirty.

Poorboy`s QD+. A different type of QD, thicker than any I have used, seems like a high carnauba content, it went on thick and buffed off easy with a deep gloss, not a high gloss like Quik Shine. I need to use this more but it seems very good, especially over UPP, although I wonder if I will have bonding problems now with applying UPP over this QD.

Poorboy`s EX. I wasn`t ready for this, this is a great product, can`t wait to use it this weekend on few different colored cars. This is a sealant with carnauba. It looks closely like UPP, but deeper. It isn`t quite as glossy as UPP, but it is deeper. I really liked it on my gray, but I did put it over 5 layers of UPP, so this is not the best scenario for this product. But I can say that there has been much discussion about topping UPP, IMO S100 didn`t add anything, but EX did, it deepened the look of UPP while keeping the high gloss. I then added S100 on top it actually added more shine, my car looks so good right now. Of course you have to be obsessed to have 5 layers of UPP, EX and then S100. From what I understand you can keep layering this product but I really don`t think I will see anything more.

Clear Kote Vanilla Moose. This polish has a high gloss with a clean look with some cleaning abilities. Grat shine I topped it with S100. A very impressive look and it did darken the paint slightly.

Clear Kote Quick Shine. A great QD with some cleaning capabilities. This has no carnauba and can be used over wax`s and sealants. Very high gloss, the most I have seen from a QD and it is very versatile. I have even found it useful around the house.

Clear Kote Tire Treatment. This is a decent product, but doesn`t crack my choices for tires, I like the EF Black Saphire and even like Endurance better. I tried this on a few other areas but found it useful for the wheel wells but itis a little expensive for this use.

Clear Kote Carpet Cleaner (aerosol). Not a bad cleaner but it sprays fast and all over, messy. Guess I need to use it a few more times. I haven`t used it on anything that is extreme yet either. I like the 4 Star carpet cleaner alot so it will be tough to replace.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great review!!

I too really am impressed with Poorboy QD+, s&w, and EX. The QD+ stands for qd abilities and more!! This is a product that I thought looked more like s100/ps21 when I applied/let it dry and buffed it. I have actually used QD+ on top of my black volvo (AIO, 4xSG, souveran,and s100) in a comparison to pinnacle cm and efcp. Qd+ was deeper. It will be nice when Dwayne gets them as part of his products for sale.
    2001 Volvo S80 Black
    2002 Volvo C70 Silver

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice review Thomas...

Ash very soon.....
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    No problem Steve. I will be using the EX this weekend on a few different colors including black to see how it is and also how it looks without being applied over UPP. I want to see how it is on lighter colored cars, not sure if anything can beat UPP on silver though. Also the Poorboy`s MFs are very very nice. Not thick but plush. I have many different ones and they are right up there, my favorites are the ones that came with the UPC Starter Kit.

Canceled his member by request
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Good review Thomas. I agree whole-heartedly about the Poorboy`s products and Clearkote VM and QuickShine.
    Nice job!!

Steve, you have mail (2). I forgot to order the Spray&Wipe in the first e-mail.
    Love shiney swirl-free appearing black cars!

Post Thanks / Like
    Update: I worked on a few cars this weekend and got to use the EX, VM, and QD+ some more. I found that the EX is very close to UPP with the difference being that is has a little more depth and the UPP has a little more gloss, so I am thinking that the EX will be slightly better on darker cars and the UPP on the lighter cars. The QD+ is really an interesting product, it seems like a cross between a QD and a quickwax, it has a great finish very warm, but is not as easy to use as a QD. Although part of this could be due to the crappy sprayer on the bottle, I will put it in a Mequiars bottle and see if it changes. Not sure if this is the best product when working on clients cars because a straight-up QD is much faster and efficient. The VM seems like a good polish I used it with S100, this combo gives a bright clean look, still need to put this on a few more colors. I want to try VM with UPP as well, seems like it would be a geat combo. The VM is not as oily and as deep looking as #7 or IHG, not that this is bad.

Thread Information