Post Thanks / Like

Fed Up With Durability

I love fooling around with various products, glazes, polishes, the latest and greatest and all, but i`m getting tired of going to wash my car a week later and having the water pool instead of beading. So far, only Zaino Z5 keeps beading week in, week out while the other products seem dead after 2 weeks. I`m not talking about AIO and SG, because that does last longer. I just did my car last week with a glaze and Final Polish and this week the water sheeted right off while my month old Z5 beaded like crazy. I just went right over the Final Polish with Z1/Z5 and it worked beautifully. Yeah, I appreciate the creamy wet look you can get with other products, but I think i`m going to go with Z5 exclusively - at least on the top sections. The sides take a lot less abuse and other products seem to hold up well. Z1/Z5 also goes on and off real well over AIO and seems to work fine over other synthetics like Glare, UPP and Final Polish.

Post Thanks / Like
    You said that after a glaze and final polish water sheeted right off. Did you mean Menzerna`s Final Polish? That is not a protectant, its a polish. Water is supposed to sheet off if you don`t put any type of protectant. That could be why you are having trouble.
    2003 Nissan 350Z Touring - Super Black - 6MT
    "Most legit people I know, they`d go a hundred miles out of their way not to make eye contact with me" - Tony Soprano

Post Thanks / Like
    No, I was talking about this Final Polish.
    http://carpolishes.safeshopper.com/11/15.htm?599

In all honesty, the stuff looked great and i`m not singling this product out. It just seems that nothing really holds up even close to Z5 on the upper surfaces of a dark vehicle during summer months.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ohh, sorry I`m not familiar with that product. But Zaino has the best durability of any product. Period. So your never going to find n e thing that lasts that long.
    "Most legit people I know, they`d go a hundred miles out of their way not to make eye contact with me" - Tony Soprano

Post Thanks / Like
    I as well am tired of durability issues, but from what I hear living in the northeast is pretty harsh on the cars finish. I have tried many products that others swear up and down last at least 6 months, I am lucky to get water beading after 2 weeks, my suppliers actualy say it is because of the acid rain we get. I have yet to try Zaino but I am fast approaching buying some, I just tried some stuff no one from this board sells that is supposed to the best sealer around hands down, 2 weeks later and 1 car wash.........didn`t last any longer than turtle wax. So far Collinite is the longest lasting I have found, about 6 weeks, but from what I hear out in the west they actually have a one year guarantee on this stuff but my suppliers cannot touch it here due to the acid rain and salt.....I hate the way it goes on and off, doesn`t even look any better actually, but man does it last. Zaino here I come!!

BTW....who sells it??
    Last edited by MadWax; 06-27-2004 at 04:50 PM.
    Dealership employee, I HATE SALESMAN!

Post Thanks / Like
    www.zainostore.com

I live in NJ and I wouldn`t hesitate to say that Zaino will last at least 6-8 months with just a couple of coats. You can get a kit from their website. I think its a terrific product and the king of durability.

Boss_429
    Pretty tough to beat Zaino or Klasse SG when it comes to durability. Having said that, so far, I`m pretty pleased with the durability of EX-P. I also thought AIO/UPP held up fairly well.

Good luck with whatever you decide ACE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah ex-p is doing really well for me too. 2 months worth so far and still beading and my truck stays outside 24/7. From what I heard not all waxes are supposed to bead water all that much. hmm

Post Thanks / Like
    UPP has held up for over two months and still beads water ... best of all though it still looks good.
    It`s what you learn after you know it all that counts ... John Wooden

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember doing a durability comparison between a few products and UPP/AIO held up decently. A very good choice for the sides of vehicles. Truth is - you can only go so long, even with Zaino. It may still bead, but after a couple of months there are enough flaws to warrant another polishing job, so I will be satisfied with anything that lasts 2 months. Most products don`t even come close.

Thread Information