Thread: clueless people

Post Thanks / Like

clueless people

Some people just are really truly clueless.

This not so bright person I know had a scratch in his black truck, so he decided to try and get it out. As it was this paint was in pretty rough shape... but he made it worse. On the scratch he rubbed that HEAVY abrasive Turtle Wax compound they sell at Pep Boys on to the scratched area with a very dirty towel. As is excpected from a compound it made the surface very hazy. This person thought compound was suposed to make the paint shine, so he had no idea what was wrong. This next part will really kill ya...

He attempted to clear up the black paint, he went again to Pep Boys and picked up some....... Mothers Back to Black. He rubbed this thorougly all over the black paint not knowing it was for trim NOT PAINT!!! Let me tell you, it looks awful. I don`t know if I even want to go near this job.

Some people never cease to amaze me.

Post Thanks / Like
    wow...Im thinking your pad would be ruin`d by getting that back to black on it.....may need a few pads...gonna cost him
    jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep. Some folks just don`t know car care at all. Too bad that guy can`t read (because directions are on the bottle!).

I have a buddy that is a fairly inteligent guy (high speed job, etc). He stopped by the other day so I could help him remove some difficult spots on the roof of his truck. While he was here I told him we would just do a quick detail. I showed him how to use clay and had him go over his truck while I followed behind with polish. When it came time to wax I handed him the EX and a pad and said "go." He just stared at me. He did not know how to apply wax, how much to use, nothing. Said he had never done it before. Just amazing. I could not believe it.
    2000 Silverado Ext Cab Z71
    Lt Pewter

Thread Information