Post Thanks / Like

help with removing oxidation and swirls

Hello everyone. New to the forum and I have found some great info already! I am trying to start up a detailing business and I want to be able to offer great results to people who have some oxidation and swirls on their cars. I guess what I really am wanting to know is what is the best product for the job? I am pretty much set on my products for the shine and protecting. I will be using Zaino for that. I do have Zaino`s Swirl Remover but I don`t think this will do the trick for oxidation or heavily "swirled" vehicles. I purchased some Meguiar`s Deep Crystal system paint cleaner and intend on giving that a shot soon.

As far as prepping goes, I first wash with Dawn and then ClayBar and then wash again if neccessary. Once again, I`m not interested in products for these steps as I am happy with the results up to this point.

Right now I have a 120 Volt 2580 RPM buffer that I have never used but am getting ready to practice with this Friday. Is this buffer going to be powerful enough or would I be much better off with a Porter Cable?

So, the main question here is what is the "best" polish that can get rid of some oxidation and swirl marks?

TIV
    Antiduke

I need more sugar!!!!!! KleanFreak's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the quick reply! I actually did already have Meguiar`s #9 on my list to get. That`s what I was looking for today at all the local auto stores around town to no avail... Came up with that Meguiar`s paint cleaner instead just to have something to practice with. I have a feeling though at only 5 bucks a bottle, this stuff isn`t going to be all that great.. guess I will find out.

So, any others or is this Meguiar`s #9 the general consensus here on the forum?

I need more sugar!!!!!! KleanFreak's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    order it online, most part stores wont carry proffesional products or goto you local autobody supply store if they stock good stuff they will have gallons on the shelf

Post Thanks / Like
    Another suggestion is the Poorboy`s SSR (super swirl remover) line--it starts with a polishing compound SSR3. This product is great for heavy oxidation, but you will need to do AT LEAST one more polishing step afterwards to remove any slight hazing and/or marring. Follow up with SSR2 to start reviving the color. From here, you have some choices:

1)SSR1--almost acts like a glaze, but doesn`t leave any fillers behind. Body shop safe, and that is what Zaino likes. Give more of a "wet" look.

2) Poorboy`s Pro Polish--Again, body shop safe, but this product leaves the ultimate in clarity!

3) Polish w/Carnuba---This might be a Zaino no-no, depending on what you use. PwC gives more of a warm carnuba glow at the end.

Hope this helps--but these products have been superior in my business.
    Nick Carberry
    ~Detailing high-end cars with quality products~

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is what can done withthe Meguiars line of componds and polishes.

The second mouse gets the cheese!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice Bimmer!!!:bigscream
    AJ

Thread Information