Post Thanks / Like

Top of the lines Power Prep

How well does Top of the lines Power Prep work with a PC??? Is it similar to SSR2? Should i follow up with Light Cut or PPG??? then top it of with TradeSecret?

I just got my products in and am waiting to use em

I really want to test em out on my friends car because it is black and has lots and lots of swirls..... So i want to test out the Power Prep using the pc with the megs yellow pad then follow up with PPG by hand to fix any other imperfections i come across then top with Trade Secret

Post Thanks / Like
    5-0---

I haven`t tried that particular product, but I would test it for yourself. I`m sure it is along the lines of SSR2, so do that with a Meg`s Yellow on about 5-5.5, then try the most swirled place with PPG with a yellow pad again on 5, if that doesn`t cut it, bump up to light cut. Let me know how that works out for you.
    Nick Carberry
    ~Detailing high-end cars with quality products~

Post Thanks / Like
    The Power Prep is fairly aggressive, more so than Light Cut and perhaps a tad more than DACP.

I have never used it with the PC, rotary only, so I can`t comment on that aspect but I suspect it would work well with a polishing pad and then follow up with something like Light Cut, IP, or along those lines.

PPG should work nicely as a topper after that.

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    hey guys is Light cut suppose to be so thick???? It was such a pain to pour it into the polish bottle and it barly shakes up is that normal?

Well i have 2 details set up for tommorow, a Red 98 cavalier and a 2000 purple daewoo lanos.... i actually really want to see how the daewoo turns out hehe so i should have pics up tommorow of my hi temp adventure

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, it is very thick stuff. Best to use a funnel if you have one.

Post Thanks / Like
    haha yes i had to use a funnel and it took about a half an hour of banging it on the floor to get it in

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by FiveOhMustang
    haha yes i had to use a funnel and it took about a half an hour of banging it on the floor to get it in
    Well........if I was a newbie to this sight and just read your above statement I would be askin myself "JUST WHAT KIND OF FORUM IS THIS!?!"

HA HA

Post Thanks / Like
    haha anthony i ahve a question, i jsut finished detailing the 98 cavalier i was talking about and i used hi temp, with a megs yellow pad and it still ahd lots of swirls so i switched to the cutting pad with the power prep and still the swirls where there????? The car had lots of swirls int h first place but the hi temp nor the power prep treated them as i was expecting do you have any advice??? the car looks amazing especially when i topped with trade secret but if you look very close at a whoel bunch of angles you can find swirls???? mabe i should use SSR 2.5 then followed by hi cut???????

Post Thanks / Like
    The 2.5 won`t be any more aggressive than the Light Cut, especially the Power Prep.

What it sounds like is you have hit a dead end. In other words you have taken the finish as far as it may go with the PC. What you now need is the heat and friction that a rotary produces.

So if the finish looks good and the client is pleased then call it done. The other thing you may try is a glaze to help fill the remaining scractches.

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    i currently use 3m IHG....... I just fiished putting 3 coats of Trade Secret on the car and was wondering if i can put the 3m IHG above the 3 coats and then top with another coat of TS?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well sure you can, it will do no good though because there is nothing for the IHG to bond or set up on because the wax won`t allow it.

If you have already gone that far and put the wax on it just leave it as it is and in a few weeks hit it again.

Anthony

Thread Information