What combo to use next? jeff2417's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Update on my RSX....Advice?

I have just finished detailing my car again. Last month you guys might remember that I used the 3M line and finished my car with the Zymol Cleaner Wax. Well, due to the great responses and advice, I`ve tried a new setup:

Wash & Dry Car (to strip wax)
    Top Of the Line Clay bar with Megs QD
    Wash & Dry Car (to strip any remaining wax)
    Hi-Temp`s Light Cut polish
    Top Of the Line Trade Secret Wax

I finished tonight, and I must say that the Trade Secret wax shouldn`t be a secret anymore! It was as if I was applying vegetable oil and wiping it off with ease! I finished when it was dark, so I can`t wait until tomorrow to check it out. I might throw on a couple more coats of the TS wax just to see if Anthony is right(he has been so far...) Look for pics sometime tomorrow, and I`ll try to take them in the exact same place and same time as when I used the 3M/Zymol setup.

I look forward to your opinions!

Jeff.

for reference....I`ll put in last month`s pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sure, it`s shiny, but how smooth is it, and how does it look in direct sunlight?

Post Thanks / Like

Here we go...

Wow... can`t say enough about the TOL wax. Anywho...got some pics...some are kinda "artsy"...(I was looking for cool backgrounds) but they really show the trade secret at work.

How many coats should I do? (I`m only on 2....)

jeff.

(this 1st pic was taken at 6:30am!)

Sure, it`s shiny, but how smooth is it, and how does it look in direct sunlight?

Post Thanks / Like

MORE!

Can`t stop...Notice the TOL Bubble Bath in the distance....lol

Post Thanks / Like
    check out the reflection...mmmmmm

Post Thanks / Like
    Nighttime....COOL

Post Thanks / Like
    where did you purchase the top of the line trade secret wax? Your paint looks amazing, I would like to give it a shot

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.topoftheline.com/

If you`re feeling adventurous, try the Pizazz wax. I was going to try it, but hadn`t heard a word about it. Perhaps you could be the guinea pig for me on that! Lemme know how you like either one.

jeff.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by direkt
    where did you purchase the top of the line trade secret wax? Your paint looks amazing, I would like to give it a shot
    4 Star carries a carnauba wax called "Trade Secret". Go to the Online Store, click on New Products, scroll down till you see "Trade Secret" wax.
    I have no idea if it is the same thing, but having the same name seems to point to a good chance that it is.

Charles

Jayhawk fan.
    Post Thanks / Like
    First off, the Trade Secret IS available from this site. I know its a TOL product but you can get it here from the forum sponsers also.

Hey Jeff! I love the pics! I like that color. I am glad you went with a true wax instead of the cleaner wax. Didnt I tell you it would be an improvement? If you wonder what some of us do use cleaner wax for we sometimes use it for waxing under the hood or around the door jambs.

I was recently turned onto the High Temp line after Anthony`s good advice and I tried the Light Cut also. I loved it. How did you apply it? I have used a rotary, my random orbital and by hand and its very good for all purposes. I even followed the manufacturers advice and used it on some tail lights and it polished them to a awesome shine.

Im happy you are enjoying the premium products you purchased and you can never go wrong taking advice from Anthony.

Best regards,
    John

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you...

John,

Thank you for all your help. I don`t know if you`ve read or replied to my most recent post, but if you didn`t hear, I`m on www.topoftheline.com right under Anthony`s job on that `````in red Ferrari! I`m soooooo happy that I`m getting recognition for my 9 hour jobs now, and from the MANUFACTURER! Wow. Couldn`t have done it without ya.

jeff.

Thread Information