Post Thanks / Like

Looking for a good polisher, need some advice

hi, im looking for a good car polisher to polish families` cars. ive been told that polishers can do a better job than doing it by hand, because they give a nicer finish. well anyways, im not new at this, because i would usually hand polish my cars. so the problem is, i dont wanna burn my paint. i wanted to know, is this meguiars dual action electric polisher good/safe? heres the link

http://www.meguiars.com/store_meguia...&subcatagory=1

yes, it does seem a bit expensive, but its still something that i can afford. if not the meguairs polisher, than what polisher/buffer would you peeps recommend to me? thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes that is a great polisher ... However, Dwayne sells the same basic machine (without the Meguiars Label) at Premium Auto Care for 139.00. The link is on DC`s Homepage. Also this month if you spend over 100.00, shipping is free plus if you type detailcity in the coupon area if ordering online you will get an additional 10% discount ... Great deal and it supports the people that make Detail City possible
    It`s what you learn after you know it all that counts ... John Wooden

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the advice, but i have a couple questions

ummm, whos dwayne?, and whats perium auto care? basically i live in hawaii, so we dont have too many places to go to for detailing needs, much less get an expensive machine like that polisher, so it pretty much means that i have to get it online. if its not too much troulbe, could you give me a link, im not too sure on who DC is. thanks
    The best comment of my life.......

"Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it. " awd330

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by zesty-man
    thanks for the advice, but i have a couple questions

ummm, whos dwayne?, and whats perium auto care? basically i live in hawaii, so we dont have too many places to go to for detailing needs, much less get an expensive machine like that polisher, so it pretty much means that i have to get it online. if its not too much troulbe, could you give me a link, im not too sure on who DC is. thanks

1. Dwayne - The administrator of this site and the man in charge at Premium Auto Care

2. Premium Auto Care - A supplier of auto care products with excellent service. Also the main sponsor of this site. This link should get you to the home page of PAC.
    http://www.premiumautocare.com/

3. DC is an acronym for Detail City.

And welcome to DC!

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the help again.

i managed to find the product you were talking about that was the same product, and it was 139 bucks. however, i was wondering what was the difference in the foam pads. i was watching this video that was on meguiars web site, and this guy was talking about these meguiars foam buffing pads that are supposed to be really good for the shine of the car. i found the foam pads that he was talking about on the same site, and it comes in like a pack of three, which is perfect for me... anyways, heres some links to the products. my plan is to get the machine, and buy some of those additonal foam pads

http://store.premiumautocare.net/po.html
    http://www.premiumautocare.com/premautcarpc.html

i have a really stupid question... i know that those foam pads are made for hte 7424 polisher, will they fit on the machine..? i mean, i think the machine was made for 6.5 inches, and it doesnt say the size of those foam pads, so that sorta worries me. anyways, thats a really nice deal im getting there, im saving about 100 bucks which is REALLY nice.
    The best comment of my life.......

"Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it. " awd330

Post Thanks / Like

porter cable

I would be interested in a porter cable also but living in the UK means we have 240v, is this available or would i need some sort of adapter to change the voltage to work here in the UK..
    Train hard, Fight easy

Post Thanks / Like
    As already mentioned numerous times above, premiumautocare.com is your best bet.

I just bought the DAP 7424 with Meg`s 3 foam pad kit, plus the shipping was free and there`s a 10% discount.

-Mike

Owner - Mike`s Car Wash & Detail

A New Standard of Excellence.

"Invest in a company that you know can be run by an idiot...because soon enough, it will be." ~Peter Lynch

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: porter cable

Originally posted by markyboy.1967
    I would be interested in a porter cable also but living in the UK means we have 240v, is this available or would i need some sort of adapter to change the voltage to work here in the UK..
    You need a transformer to operate 110 volt items on the 240 volt power supplied in much if not all of Europe and the UK.
    For small stuff like radios, etc. they are pretty economical. For a higher amperage draw like the PC, they are no doubt more expensive.
    The 3.7 amps required shouldn`t be enough of a load to require a really expensive transformer, but I would sure check it out before I ordered the Porter Cable polisher.
    Another thing is the possibility that your local power may be 50 cycle, while power in the U.S. is 60 cycle. There again, it probably isn`t too difficult to take care of, you just need to be aware of it.
    Talking to a knowledgeable electrician or electric supply house might be a good place to start.
    Good luck.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by BaDm0theR
    As already mentioned numerous times above, premiumautocare.com is your best bet.

I just bought the DAP 7424 with Meg`s 3 foam pad kit, plus the shipping was free and there`s a 10% discount.

so basically you bought the same thing as i did. what do you think of it?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for a good polisher, need some advice

hi, im looking for a good car polisher to polish families` cars. ive been told that polishers can do a better job than doing it by hand, because they give a nicer finish. well anyways, im not new at this, because i would usually hand polish my cars. so the problem is, i dont wanna burn my paint. i wanted to know, is this meguiars dual action electric polisher good/safe? heres the link

http://www.meguiars.com/store_meguia...&subcatagory=1

yes, it does seem a bit expensive, but its still something that i can afford. if not the meguairs polisher, than what polisher/buffer would you peeps recommend to me? thanks
    Hey Tyler...

I know we talked for quite a while about the PC, but let me just answer the questions you posted here.

It`s not so much that a D/A buffer (ie. PC 7424) can give a better finish, but most people don`t have the skill to hand buff and generate the amount of heat and cutting power to smooth out or remove clear coat. However, there are other who have had great success with 100% all hand.

You shouldn`t worry too much about burning your paint with the PC. I know it`s not 100% fool-proof, but it`s about the safest thing next to hand polishing.

If you get the chance to pick it up...do so! You won`t regret it and wonder what you`ve been doing all this time without one

-Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Over on the Autopia forums, there was a long talk about the transformers etc for using the PC so you might want to take a look. The Megs `version` of the PC costs more because it comes with a lifetime warranty
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like
    so basically you bought the same thing as i did. what do you think of it?
    I will be using is this weekend, and ill post my short review shortly after.

Im excited to say the least.

Look forward to greatly reducing polishing/wax application time.

-Mike

Owner - Mike`s Car Wash & Detail

A New Standard of Excellence.

"Invest in a company that you know can be run by an idiot...because soon enough, it will be." ~Peter Lynch

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Don
    Over on the Autopia forums, there was a long talk about the transformers etc for using the PC so you might want to take a look. The Megs `version` of the PC costs more because it comes with a lifetime warranty

o wellz, i guess its too late for that. baiscally, my dad is a snap-on tools dealer, and this company named slims power tools owed my dad a bit of cash, and they had it in stock. so anyways, my dad just bought it for me, and took something off what they owe him, i think. i got it for around 123 i think, no inluding what my dad took off their bill. i guess its too late for trying to buy it from meguries.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tyler...

Don`t worry...you got a better deal than if you were to buy it directly from Meguiar`s. I love Meguiar`s...but I can`t see why they charge $225.95 for the G-100A. Pick up a backing plate and some good pads/polishes and you`re all set!

Enjoy!

-Chris

Thread Information