Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

BudA seminar ...

This guy knows detailing, and is very opinionated !!! He seems to ruffle some feathers on some other boards I follow, but I will admit he knows his s_ _t !!! Anyone ever attended a seminar conducted by him??? The price seems a bit high, but if anyone attended one of his seminars I would love some feedback to hear if its worth it.

http://www.detailingseminars.com/

P.S. I am really planning on attending the Meguiars Seminar in Pennsylvania in my very near future. That has already received some enthusiastic thumbs up from other detailers I know!
    No buff to tuff

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: BudA seminar ...

Originally posted by Clean Dean
    This guy knows detailing, and is very opinionated !!! He seems to ruffle some feathers on some other boards I follow, but I will admit he knows his s_ _t !!! Anyone ever attended a seminar conducted by him??? The price seems a bit high, but if anyone attended one of his seminars I would love some feedback to hear if its worth it.

http://www.detailingseminars.com/

P.S. I am really planning on attending the Meguiars Seminar in Pennsylvania in my very near future. That has already received some enthusiastic thumbs up from other detailers I know!
    Is that the same Bud A. who writes a column in Professional Carwash and Detailing magazine?

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Post Thanks / Like

BudA

Thats him... I have read quite a bit of his commentary concerning detailing techniques and chemicals and he really seems to know his stuff. He has contibuted monthly to "Professional Carwash and Detailing" for as long as I remember, and contributed to "The Automotive Paint Handbook" ( A MUST READ !!!!!!!!!!). I have had a telephone conversation with him when I was considering getting into paint touch-up, and he was very honest and up front with the pros and cons of that work.

He loves to talk detailing, however for $225 I can`t see a one day seminar !!!

Now if someone wants to arrange a 4 day hands on detailing seminar in St. Pete`s Florida at a resort... That will be well worth a price !!! Hey isn`t Premiumautocare located on the West coast of Florida ????
    No buff to tuff

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: BudA

Originally posted by Clean Dean
    Thats him... I have read quite a bit of his commentary concerning detailing techniques and chemicals and he really seems to know his stuff. He has contibuted monthly to "Professional Carwash and Detailing" for as long as I remember, and contributed to "The Automotive Paint Handbook" ( A MUST READ !!!!!!!!!!). I have had a telephone conversation with him when I was considering getting into paint touch-up, and he was very honest and up front with the pros and cons of that work.

He loves to talk detailing, however for $225 I can`t see a one day seminar !!!

Now if someone wants to arrange a 4 day hands on detailing seminar in St. Pete`s Florida at a resort... That will be well worth a price !!! Hey isn`t Premiumautocare located on the West coast of Florida ????
    We haven`t talked detailing seminar with Dwayne but we did talk about getting a 4-Star sponsored chatered fishing trip together. Dwayne was all up for that idea provided we get about 8 people and we pay our own airfare and hotel accomodations. I think airfare from NJ to Florida would run me less than 3 bills round trip. If we could get 8 people in on this I`d be there in a flash!!!!

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Post Thanks / Like

k

I listned to BUD A talk and i think hes into pushing his products as the end all be all of detailing products. he is VERY opinionated and can actually sound like a A##hole at times hence the intial A after his first name. if someone gets up and tells him they did such and such with a product and achieved great results he will tell them impossible cant be done to there face AS IF he was there with his own two eyes to see this lol however if its with HIS products then i guess it can be done lol

id save my money rather than contribute to his retirement fund. ur right seems like a tony robbins wannabe on a small scale. i heard great things about meguairs and would like to go check that out, much better price also!!!

Help, I wanna be a proton
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess I have a different opinion on this type of thing. If i was going to a seminar, I would expect to pay at least that much to attend. I look at all the seminar offers I get that involve my business, which is a lot more than just detailing, and this seems to be one of the less expensive programs out there. I get offers to attend seminars that are up to $700 or $800 a day on a regular basis, and these are seminars taht are set up to help new start ups, by distributors. I also get seminar offers from Quick books and other programs that are one day, and they cost up to $500 a day. So $225 for a seminar that takes a day, and can possibly improve the quality of my work, I would consider an excellent value.
    Now I also have another opinion. I am sure that BudA has excellent products, and no doubt that since he is from Oregon that they are environmentally sensitive and appropriate. I also have little doubt that they are effective. What I would be concerened abou is to attend a seminar that is a constant sales pitch. I have ADD and that is something that would cause me to totally check out, and never be able to get back to what the original subject was. So, if I was to pay $225 for a detailing seminar, I would want a few things out of it.
    1. I would want a hands on. That means actually bringing a car in and letting me do a portion of it to try it out.
    2. Pumping your own products is good, and having confidence in them is even better, but, other products, and there effectiveness would have to be acknowledged. I have NEVER seen a perfect product that will take care of everything. I doubt that I ever will.
    3. I would expect someoen that is a good teacher, and is enthusiastic. A Tony Robbins type personality that would get me charged up and ready to sell.
    4. I would expect for the guy to teach me something new, that was not common knowledge.

Scooter

Leader of the Banned windsor the troll's Avatar
    I would have gotten away with it again if it wasn't for you meddling kids! ;)
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: k

Originally posted by frankie
    I listned to BUD A talk and i think hes into pushing his products as the end all be all of detailing products. he is VERY opinionated and can actually sound like a A##hole at times hence the intial A after his first name. if someone gets up and tells him they did such and such with a product and achieved great results he will tell them impossible cant be done to there face AS IF he was there with his own two eyes to see this lol however if its with HIS products then i guess it can be done lol

id save my money rather than contribute to his retirement fund. ur right seems like a tony robbins wannabe on a small scale. i heard great things about meguairs and would like to go check that out, much better price also!!!
    I totally agree with Frankie on his comments about Bud- A TOTAL SALESMAN. IMO, what you will hear is a $$$$ sales pitch. He "pushes" his product and I refuse to "pay" for an advertisment!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m glad you had a good talk with him Dean but unfortunately I cannot say the same. Bud is helpful but he does push his line very hard calling everything else "boutique" and overpriced. Don`t get me wrong, I wish everything out there was cheaper!

I have not read his column and will not attempt to comment but he is not openminded on the boards I follow. He knows everything in short. Don`t get me wrong, he does have a great knowledge base but detailing and painting change continuously and people come up with great ideas everyday.

My conversation with him was regarding polymers and acrylics. He emailed me and asked me to call him since he liked my post. He just kept repeating himself and promoting his stuff the whole time and made fun of idiots who spend too much for the same thing he sells. Waste of my time. In all fairness he has posted in response to me and said something like "nice post".
    Ask a question, be a fool for a minute. Don`t ask a question, be a fool forever.
    -Chinese Proverb

Post Thanks / Like

BudA...

I agree he is a total salesman, but if anyone plans on surviving in this dog eat dog business world we must all become salesman in our selective field. Hey I love detailing cars, but its hard work and I demand a decent $$$ for my efforts . If Bud talks up his products, remember that is what puts food on his table, and I can`t fault him for that. However, if he puts down other product lines lets hold him to task !!! Lets face it we have all experimented with various product lines, and the proof is in the pudding!!! If your customers are happy and satisfied with the results of the products your using, and you are and your making $$$ STICK WITH IT !!!! My main customer will not hestitate to let me know if he is unhappy !!! He also pays my fees without reservation ... Even trade !!!

I hope I didn`t get to far off topic...but thank you frankie, windsor, rhillstr... You got me thinking tonight !!!
    No buff to tuff

Post Thanks / Like

K

HEY ITS A BUD A SEMINAR TRUST ME HES NOT GONNA BE THERE PUSHING MEGUAIRS, 3M, AND PINNACLE, WHILE WEARING AN AUTOMAGIC APRON LOL 225 FOR A DETAIL SEMINAR SEEMS A BIT STEEP, THE MEGUAIRS PRICE OF 45 BUKS GOT MY ATTENTION, PLUS WHEN U TELL A CUSTOMER YOU HAVE ATTENDED MEGUAIRS TRAINING THEY KNOW WHO YOUR TALKING ABOUT, THEY HAVE NAME REGOGNITION. WHEN YOU TELL THEM YOU WENT TO THIS GUY BUD A`S SEMINAR FROM THE INTERNET THERE GONNA PEAL OUT OF YOUR PARKING LOT. IMO

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmmm... Why pay for his seminar.. If you want to "hear him talk", read his rants, read his advertisments, read a bunch of his techniques, and learn his methodology - head on over to http://www.web-cars.com/detail/phorum/list.php?f=1
    He`s at that message board religiously, and you can do a search and find everything he`s ever written there... including all of the confrontations and disagreements that he and I have had over the last year...

Just my opinion here Clean Dean, but YOU know detailing... I`ve never seen a single thing detailed by Bud...

Onthespot,
    On The Spot Mobile Detailing (Western NC)

Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars...

I love their Pro line... frankie I cannot miss that seminar !!!!

onthespot... Man you got me laughing out loud !!! My wife thinks I`m nuts !!! Point well taken !!!!
    No buff to tuff

Shine? That's not a shine Cujo31's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been at that board for a little while following it. Bud and I have been emailing eachother about a few things. He really HATES waterless washes such as the Dry-Wash stuff and Spray & Wipe. He commented about the S&W stuff in his first email to me.. LOL He seems to know his stuff and since I get that car wash mag I listen to what he has to say. Of course Im not taking everything he says as 100% otherwise I would be buying all his product only.

I would love to attend a detailing seminar one day just to see what its like or even go out and hang with another detailer. I have never done that so I think I could learn alot from doing that.
    John ( aka Cujo31 )
    Custom Car Care LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Cujo31
    or even go out and hang with another detailer. I have never done that so I think I could learn alot from doing that.
    I`d love to hang out with another detailer also and talk shop over some cold beers. Trouble is, I haven`t been able to find anyone in this area that I`d care to spend longer than 15 minutes talking to. I`ve met a lot of detailers who are very local to me, and have been turned off by their arrogance... Must be a competition thing since they`re so close...

Maybe we need to organize a detailers` convention. Wouldn`t that be cool??? Picture the door prizes (A case of Invisible Glass, A PC 7424, 50 Microfiber Towels, and an autographed picture of The Fuzz).

Onthespot
    "I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself."

Shine? That's not a shine Cujo31's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think thats the best thing about this site. I dont look at ANYONE here as competition, but rather a group of friends with common interest. Otherwise I would have never hooked up with CoastalEddy .... he is just a kickass guy!

I would love to get together with others from here for a beer Fuzz passing out the autographed pics? lol
    John ( aka Cujo31 )
    Custom Car Care LLC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information