Post Thanks / Like

New guy - just ordered way too many PB products

New user here. I really just found this site a couple of weeks ago and I`ve already put a good dent in the old credit card stocking up on PB products and MF.... Thanks for the 35% off on the MF`s PoorBoys... every little bit helps.

Anyway, I bought supplies to take care of my own vehicles, but I may do others depending on how I do and how interested I am in it. You guys do some amazing work... I never new it was possible to fix some of the problems that you post in your before pictures. I have a Acura RL that has some swirl marks and very fine scratches on it that will be my main focus.

So, do I need an orbital PC to do good work or does it only speed up the process? I don`t mind laying out the cash if it adds benefit. I wouldn`t feel comfortable trying anything more than an orbital PC. I want to make it as goof proof as possible.

Thanks guys. I don`t have much to add to the forum but I do enjoy reading the posts and looking at the before/after shots.

Thanks for your help.

Post Thanks / Like
    I started out with the Pc and then went up to the Rotary...
    http://www.premiumautocare.com/7424.html

You will also need to buy some pads .......

I use both machines........depends on the paint condition and what I want to accomplish
    jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks. Since I am not doing this professsionally I thought I could get away with the PC. As I understand it, the rotary can get you in trouble faster if you don`t know what you are doing.... like me. Concerning the PC, how do you know when enough is enough when use something like the SSR products. I concerned that I won`t work an area long enough or even worse too long.... I guess I just don`t know what can happen or how quickly!

Post Thanks / Like
    Buying a PC is worth it! I haven`t seen any person unhappy once they start operating the PC correctly. But you have to fork over money, thats for sure. Oh and there is never too many products! Just too much money gone

Post Thanks / Like
    Since you have Poorboys products,
    I put a nickles worth on my pad and work small area`s till product is gone
    I wipe with MF and check paint, I may need to do another application or a stronger product SWR2,
    I start with least abbrasive product and work up
    jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    hboyd_com - You can never have too much detailing stuff. Remember that!!
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like
    I fully agree. You can never have to much. I started out last year with one can of wax and now have well over 800 dollars of products including a PC and a new Makita Rotary. And i even have more coming in this week.

Forgot to add this is only for one car. MINE
    Last edited by gunslngr; 08-03-2004 at 07:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JaredPointer
    hboyd_com - You can never have too much detailing stuff. Remember that!!
    Most certainly,

The link in my sig shows my detailing chemicals, some of the pads, mfs, mitts, etc etc are in that rolling plastic cabinent. I got a second since that photo and other various odds and ends
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your comments. I`ve spend $450 so far without getting a PC or rotary!... just chemicals and MF!

I`ll post some before pictures this weekend to get your opinions of how to proceed.

Thanks again!

2004 Civic EX magnesium HondaMan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I probably overordered too, but you know what? It doesn`t spoil, and eventually you`ll use it, if not on your car then maybe on someone else`s. And if you get someone into DC or just detailing, you`ll have plenty of stuff to lend him if you don`t want to do it yourself.

Welcome!

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t have any pictures yet but I do have some questions.

I don`t have a PC yet but I was going to try using the PB products this weekend. My plan was to clay the car and then use SSR1 to see what impact it has as a test and probably move to SSR2 or SSR2.5 if required, then SSR1, then EX or EX-P and then finally Nattys. Do I need to put anything on the car to remove whatever wax/sealant/polish that was put on by the previous owner?

The car a lot of swirls and other light scratches.... nothing I can feel with a fingernail. Will I be able to do this by hand or is a PB a necessity?

Fortunately, I have a 1990 Camry that is a beater to practice on before I try my hand on the 1997 Acura RL 3.5.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    I would say you do not need to worry about talking the old stuff off. The SSR should take off what ever is on there.

Thread Information