Post Thanks / Like

The Jeep, the Cavalier and NXT (plus thoughts)

I recently picked up some NXT and being the incurable detailer I am, I had to try it. First off was "The Dad`s" truck. Next up today was the wife`s Jeep and of course, my Cavalier.

First off. I`d like to make a few observations.

It applies fairly easily (once you get the hang of it). A spray of #34 before the first application to the pad helps, and it takes a touch more than I`d thought, but it still spreads out really well.

I applied it by hand to the Jeep and to the Cavalier by P/C

I found that by putting the P/C on "1" and making the passes slow and deliberate, it applies the best (for me). I still feel a bit of `pull` or `drag` on the buffer, but it`s nowhere near as bad as many products are by hand.

Once applied, I let it set up for about 45 minutes before buffing it off (terry towel for the Jeep, microfiber for the Cavalier).

While not difficult, removal was definately "different." When I first started bufffing it off, it felt like the NXT had really "bitten into" the paint and was holding on for dear life, but once a few passes had been made, the towels glided smoothly across the surface which became very slick. On some areas that were in the sun, I saw a bit of smearing, but continued light buffing eliminated the problem.

The Results:

On the Jeep, the color definately deepened and at least 90% + of the micro marring disappeared (it had AIO x2/#20 a few days ago). Now it almost looks like Porshe Guardsman Red see for yourself:

My favorite detailing drink

How`s this for red?

Since reflection shots are popular, here`s on of some door dings (and the neighbor`s Explorer which is 75` away across the street

I only took two of my car...

The required hood shot:

and the `wax product reflection` bit (you can actually read the bottle in the reflection, just not in the picture)

Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like
    I found the NXT darkened my red truck too Don. The wife even noticed. The jeep and car look great Don. NXT has definitely become one of my favorites (of course I have several).
    If the wolf howls by the light of the moon in the dark of the night...

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job Don.

Post Thanks / Like
    DON!! YOUR WIFE SHOULD KILL YOU - letting that DP can on her car with no towel

Great honest review man - I found NXT does not remove as easy as other people have said (v.s. UPP or EX)...man them jeeps just scream ding me huh?
    You have activated my special ability....

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by groebuck
    DON!! YOUR WIFE SHOULD KILL YOU - letting that DP can on her car with no towel

She wouldn`t dare, SHE put a BIG can of something on the hood then gave it a spin :bigscream :bigscream ...BIG swirly scratches all the way through the clear and the color

Great honest review man - I found NXT does not remove as easy as other people have said (v.s. UPP or EX)...man them jeeps just scream ding me huh?

You should see the OTHER side

Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Don! Which wax would you say "removes" marring better - NXT or #16? I think Mike Phillips said #16 would fill in swirls/marring, given a few coats, but seems to push NXT"s ability more. Also, which would be more reflective? You had a great 3/4 side shot of your Cav with #16. Does NXT equal/beat it?
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Big Leegr
    Hi Don! Which wax would you say "removes" marring better - NXT or #16? I think Mike Phillips said #16 would fill in swirls/marring, given a few coats, but seems to push NXT"s ability more. Also, which would be more reflective? You had a great 3/4 side shot of your Cav with #16. Does NXT equal/beat it?
    They are very close (at least on my car which has been extensively prepped multiple times). How would I rate the two?

As for ease of application/removal - #16 (The NXT is less prone to smearing on removal though, not that the #16 smears all that much anyway). The #16 applies like butter, is easily spread ultra thin (Zaino thin) and buffs off like a dream with little to no dust.

NXT `grabs` both on application and removal...far more so on removal. While it does take more NXT than I originally thought for application, by no means does it take an excessive amount, just more than I was expecting/am used to.

Like I mentioned in my original post, NXT really seems to *bite* into the paint and hangs on! During initial removal, the haze seems to grab the towel out of your hand (maybe I`m trying to buff off too large of an area at once? :huh ) but once the haze starts to come off, the surface rapidly becomes VERY slippery. On some areas I noticed a bit of smearing, but a little extra buffing took care of that.

For straight gloss/shine it`s kind of a toss up. Both are extremely glossy, at least initially on par with Z2.

Hands down though NXT leaves the color much deeper with an incredible clarity to the reflections. As you can see on both the Cav and the Jeep, the reflections are miles deep. Given the color of the Cavalier, this is very impressive.

Water beading: NXT might have a slight edge. It had rained while I was at work, and when I came out, the vertical surfaces were nearly dry as were much of the horizontal surfaces (except for the "flat" spots where the water couldn`t roll off one way or the other). While beading is close, I THINK the beads roll off the NXT a touch better.

Durability? Who knows we`ll just have to see.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

Thread Information