OK, I think I have read enough threads to ask some questions without sounding too stupid.

The Car (or SuperCar as I like to call her): 1991 Porsche 928GT
Color: Black/Black leather

The Problem:
To be perfectly honest, I have done nothing but screw up the exterior finish of this car since I bought it. It is my first black car (now I know why everyone complains about this color), but it is the best color for this car and I love the way it looks (at least from 5 feet away). It has what I would call classic swirl marks. The millions of tiny lines that show up in the suns reflection. It also has what I would say look like spider web silk looking "scratches" everywhere when you check it out under a good light. The webs are both curved and straight depending where you look. I saw a thread earlier that talked about spider webs, I am guessing it is the same thing.

A Little background:
I am not a complete moron. :huh I am a car lover and have washed and waxed all my own cars throughout the years. I just never had a car that I could enter in shows before. I need to take my knowledge up a notch. By the way, wash and wax, is the extent of my experience. Now that I have found DC I see there is clay, polish, protectant, etc... that I need to get some practice with.

Previous Attempts at greatness:
Suffice it to say I have tried one hell of alot of products on this car trying to get it perfect. All failures. I am ready to make it right. Money is no object. Shine or Die time.

Finally the questions:
I have read the fantastic Detailing 101 article by Jngrbrdman.

Do you folks think using the products suggested, and following the instructions given will get me the results I am looking for?

Any suggestions on what grit polish I will need to take care of the issues mentioned? ( I am getting the PC for this effort for sure)

Will the polish also get rid of the many layers of wax I have applied in vain?

If pics will help, I will post them.
If more info is required, I will provide it.
If your dog needs walking, I will walk it.
Thanks.:newbie