Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Too good to be true!

Been off here since 8/03. Really enjoyed all the information and imput from many of the folks here.

Came home yesterday with an 04 Explorer Sport Track. All the goodies available, beautiful black with the tonneau cover, moonroof, extender bed, etc, etc.

The dealer has a program that is called "A Touch of Class". Company product is from Schertz, Texas . For a sum of 400.00
    my new vehicle was taken to the detail area, I watched 4 individuals detail the vehicle inside and out. Three hours later I drove off with the cleanest sled in the area without a doubt.

The Dealership not "A Touch of Class" warrenties for 5 years with a signed contract to fix or repaint the entire vehicle if any defects from lovebugs, road grime, etc. mars the finish or leaves blemishes in the paint. If the shine dulls they will redo the entire vehicle or repaint.

Contract states no wax was used on the finish job and if the vehicle is ever waxed the warrenty will be voided. I was given a Paint protector/renewer , Spot and Stain Remover, Window Cleaner, Leather and Vinly Protector, Wash Concentrate and a Deodorizer.

The all leather interior was also serviced with a warrenty stating the leather will never crease, crack or stain.!

Berber carpet is guaranteed not to stain. All of the warrenty items call for total replacement of any item which fails!

At the expiration of 5 years the Dealership will renew the warrenty on a yearly basis for $80.00 per year.

Would be interested in any imput on this as I am aware of the cost of materials alone to do things right and if this is an upcoming thing for new car dealers and they are honest it is a major change and could be critical to the detailing folks!

Long post but good to be back here with something to post!

Obviously I am not going to let the vehicle go for 5 years but will do the usual chores so necessary to have a nice looking ride!

Regards Robert

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you pay out the $400?

If so then you got ripped off!

The Touch Of Class folks don`t use anything that you yourself can`t buy, in fact I bet you can buy all the products they used on your car for under a $100 and get the same results.

I see these guys around all the time and the whole "don`t wax it or you void the warranty" is bogus.

They guarantee it for 5 years, against all sorts of stuff, but God forbid you wax it!! It will void the warranty

Notice you need to use a re-juvinator on it? Well what then is the difference of you also using Wolfgang, UPP or EX-P on it every 8 weeks or so?

When I bought a car once they tried to charge me $300 for this Touch Of Class stuff and I demanded they credit me that $300 towards my down payment and then also have them remove it.

Paint on the van lasted well over 5 years with just waxing.

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    I would have to agree with the last post. Although it seems like this a big deal because they are standing behind the finish for 5 years it really isn`t. How many cars do you think they have to repaint before the 5 years? None.

With the proper care to your vehicles finish and routine upkeep a touch of class is useless. If your a member of these forums I`m sure you know some proper methods for upkeep.

I would have done the same thing as Os.

Post Thanks / Like
    Agree with Anthony. This is just another dealership profit center. Most people will be impressed with the five year guarantee.

Post Thanks / Like
    you got ripped! live and learn.

Post Thanks / Like
    You just got ripped.. you could have bought a lot of detailng stuff with half that money.. You seriously should see if they will even refund PART of your quickly-lost money..
    ----
    2014 BMW 328i Sedan - Xdrive - 2.0L Turbo - M-Sport, All equipment pkgs.

Post Thanks / Like
    This sounds just like crystal guard, they give you a certificate that`s good for 5 years. However they also give you a maintenance kit that you have to apply every 3 months. GO figure!

Anyone that falls for these when buying a car is just being led down the road!
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks

Thanks for the imput. There is a money back guarantee and my Attorney called them and they have credited me the funds.
    Called buyers remorse. He told them they could refund or take the vehicle back.
    Course I had to give the product back. No biggie as I still have all the product from before which I am sure is better than what they furnish!

Regards Robert

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thanks

Originally posted by pursuit
    Course I had to give the product back.
    The products that they applied to your vehicle are still there, right?
    Sounds like you might have a good detail job to start with and maintain. In our area, a company, (S&C Automotive), does the same type of thing for dealers using a product called Auto Armor.
    The quality of work is usually pretty good, just overpriced.

Now you can buy a good paint cleaner, a good sealant, some good carpet cleaner, vinyl treatment, and leather conditioner to be applied by you and if you do it regularly, the 5 year mark should pass with your Explorer looking good.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, they did a super job. Have to get out to the shop and take inventory on whats left and what I need. Thanks for the post

Robert

Practice makes "PERFECT" clean4u's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    :yeah And all the above i believe ive would have saved that money to buy some poorboys products what all you think?
    "A Clean Ride is a Happy Ride" To some its just a Ride!!!! So True!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I got the bucks back, free detail job and now I can get some product.

I am going to stay away from the wax if at all possible due to the fact the Truck is new and has already been sealed.

Any suggestions as to best products, methods and progressive steps?? Truck is black.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by pursuit
    Well I got the bucks back, free detail job and now I can get some product.

I am going to stay away from the wax if at all possible due to the fact the Truck is new and has already been sealed.

Any suggestions as to best products, methods and progressive steps?? Truck is black.

Thanks for any suggestions!
    As long as your wax is not a cleaner/wax then you can wax over a sealant. Many here do so as it gives the paint warmth instead of a sanitized look.

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

That'll buff right out! jimmybuffit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`m with Anthony and orhers on this one. Wax is good. Wax over sealant is better. In fact, I think it is what makes my 12 year old Miata "Brilliant Black".

Nice to hear you got your money back!

G`Luck.

Jim
    "If it was easy, everybody`d be doing it."
    www.jimmybuffit.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Pinnacle Souveran over black. Its not cheap but well worth the price on black. For someone who just dropped $400 on the magic paint sealant, it should be a drop in the bucket. Also, it is some of the easiest wax to use. Good Luck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information