Practice makes "PERFECT" clean4u's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Mytee Extractor?

Local company here was telling me that the Mytee {Spider} new would run around bout $1500. Is this true or are there any other extractors out there that will do the same as the Mytee for less cost?
    "A Clean Ride is a Happy Ride" To some its just a Ride!!!! So True!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    If you shop around you can find the HP 60 for under a thousand dollars. Same motor as the HP 100 but only has a 6 gallon resevoir, which is plenty for auto detailing. $1500 is way too high!

Post Thanks / Like
    PAC has a Mytee plus you get the discount!!!!
    http://store.premiumautocare.net/myhpheauex.html

Detailing expert
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got mines from detail king at $1098.
    "If I can`t make it shine, it doesn`t shine." Gallop`s detailing waxes all competion."

Post Thanks / Like
    over 1000 dollars is a bit much for me to spend for an extractor. I would say, unless you are a full time professional, its probably out of your league. So, I have been using a steam cleaning machine to steam carpeting and scrub it with some type of shampoo. I then steam it again and vacuum the water away with a wet/dry vac. It doesn`t come completely dry when I`m done but its not soaked either. My question is, how much better of a job does the real thing do compared to my home made extractor?
    2003 Nissan 350Z Touring - Super Black - 6MT
    "Most legit people I know, they`d go a hundred miles out of their way not to make eye contact with me" - Tony Soprano

Post Thanks / Like
    Soprano,
    An extractor (like a Mytee) is more effeceint at cleaning carpet. In one pass of the hand wand, you spray hot solution into the fibers and immediately suck the solution back up along with all the dirt and grime. If you have pre sprayed and scrubed the mats/carpet before extracting, you will be cleaning a lot of dirt very quickly, usually in just one pass of the wand. Pre spray and good scrubbing is important. I have no doubt your steam machine and wet vac method get the carpets very clean, I just bet it takes a little more time. I clean commercial carpet for a living if anyone has any questions about carpets and hot water extraction.

Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Wrangler,
    Thanks for the feedback. So basically, you are saying that my method isn`t bad, but it really can`t compare to what you`d get with a real extractor. Thats about what I figured, I really wish that I could get an extractor but its just way out of my budget. Is there any extractor that would yield equal results to the Mytee but for a lesser price? I have seen a duramaid one for around 500 I think. Do you think that would be as good? I know part of what makes the mytee expensive is that it has big tanks, but I don`t think I would need such big tanks just to do a single car. I probably wouldn`t get one right now but I would love to get one in the future...
    2003 Nissan 350Z Touring - Super Black - 6MT
    "Most legit people I know, they`d go a hundred miles out of their way not to make eye contact with me" - Tony Soprano

Post Thanks / Like
    Soprano,
    I think your method is probably giving good results. If the carpet looks much cleaner after you have worked on it and there is a ton of nasty water in your wet vac, you are doing good. An extractor will be faster for you and the carpet will be drier after you have cleaned it.

I have seen the Durrmaid in action and I was impressed. I believe the water lift is a little less than the Mytee HP series and it has a 60 psi pump but that is plenty of pressure for an automobile interior. I was impressed with the heat output cause once the machine warmed up and I pulled the trigger a few times I was getting really steaming hot water.

I have seen a smaller Mytee unit for around $700. The Mytee extractors are excellent. If you are really into detailing go ahead and get yourself an extractor. You will have cleaner and drier carpets in the end. Plus it is a lot more fun cleaning carpet when you can just pull the trigger on your wand and see the stains get sucked up in that hot water!

Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I dont know if anyone caught this link on the Home page here for a Carpet Cleaning Supplier. They have a good deal on a Mytee 8007 $759.00 . Along with some other manufacture. LINK

Post Thanks / Like
    What about the little bissel machines. The ones with the heater. Are they any good just for occasional use? Or should I save my money and buy a bigger unit?

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Originally posted by OI812
    What about the little bissel machines. The ones with the heater. Are they any good just for occasional use? Or should I save my money and buy a bigger unit?

There`s alot of guys here using the Little Green Machine with some great results. The only draw back is the tank is small and needs to be emptied often. Depending how much you use it , it might not be a big deal. I have one myself but haven`t use it on detailing just around the house. I just ordered some Rug ReNew from TOL one of the guys here suggested trying it in the LGM.

Thread Information