Post Thanks / Like

Meg`s Cutting Pad not for the PC?

I was emailing to meguiar`s about some of the products and one of the things they told me in their reply is that the cutting pad really doesn`t do anything on the PC and is only made for the high speed orbiter.

Has anyone used the Meg`s Cutting Pad with the PC and was there any negative affects? Is it also to the experience of people on the board that the cutting pad does nothing on the PC? Do you guys also find that you get better results with the Polishing pad than with the cutting pad? I`m checking if it`s necessary to replace all my cutting pads with polishing pads.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes they have told me that as well.... but....

OK, with a PC is may not be "cutting" like it would if it was spinning at 1100 RPM`s but is excellent for removing swirls with the PC without "cutting" new swirls into the paint.

I have used these pads with my PC with much success.

Dwayne

Post Thanks / Like
    I have similar situation as Admin.....I used purple cutting pad for swirls and cleaning.with PC..but have had better success with cutting pad on the rotary.
    My detail friend has given up on the purple pad and is using the other two pads...yellow and Tan one....

jeff

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JeffBruce
    I have similar situation as Admin.....I used purple cutting pad for swirls and cleaning.with PC..but have had better success with cutting pad on the rotary.
    Ditto. The cutting pad on the PC D.A. certainly will not "cut" like when used with a rotary BUT there certainly are times when I`ve had success using it on the PC D.A. when the yellow didn`t quite get the results I wanted.

As far as Meguiars and what they tell people I wouldn`t put all that much stock in that. You could call back 5 minutes later and get a completely different response from a different person. They are a not exactly what I would call consistent.

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by NattyBumppo

Ditto. The cutting pad on the PC D.A. certainly will not "cut" like when used with a rotary BUT there certainly are times when I`ve had success using it on the PC D.A. when the yellow didn`t quite get the results I wanted.

As far as Meguiars and what they tell people I wouldn`t put all that much stock in that. You could call back 5 minutes later and get a completely different response from a different person. They are a not exactly what I would call consistent.

Natty
    Exactly! I have actually called back twice on the same question and received two different responses. It all depends on who you talk to. As far as the cutting pad, I have used mine when the yellow just wasn`t enough. No problems at all with #9 or the #83.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used the Meg`s cutting pads with great results. The guys on the tech line told me not to use the cutting pads or the medium cleaner with the PC, but after reading some forums I decided to use them anyway. Man it worked great! Took care of some serious oxidation problems. Great stuff!

Post Thanks / Like

POsitive Results

I jsut used the purple pad with DACP last week on a 1996 (never waxed) Infiniti I30 and it did a very good job. Not quite rotary good, but quite a bit safer and the customer was still very pleased.

Thread Information