Post Thanks / Like

Polishing new paint

I am in the process of repainting my `95 GMC Sierra truck the stock 8624 white BC/CC using Dupont Nason. I will be spraying pearl white ghost flames over the base coat, clearing the whole truck with two coats, color sanding that with 600g to knock down the edge of the flames then re-clearing with four coats of Nason clear. What would you recommend I use to bring the shine out in this paint. The final coats will be color sanded in three steps from 800 to 1500 grit.
    This truck needs to have a killer shine. I know I am on the right track to prepping the paint for polishing but would like some pointers to get the finish perfected. With all of the new technology out there for polishes I am at a loss to chose one.
    Thanks for the help
    Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images

Boss_429
    astroracer,

For white paint, I would recommend a synthetic sealant like Zaino, UPP, or Klasse. IMHO, these type finishes are clearer, and more reflective than normal carnauba finishes, which seems to help give light colored paints some "pizzazz"! However, I would also try S100/P21S on there as a comparison.

Post Thanks / Like
    for me the best combo for white is AIO and UPP (x3).

Post Thanks / Like
    I did a white van last week using the Platinum System (paint cleaner and UPP) and the results were amazing, especially for a white vehicle.
    Ringo

You down with UPP?
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 00` white Jeep Wrangler and use AIO followed by a few layers of UPP and the results are incredible. If you wind up using UPP remember to apply it and let it set for an hour to let it bond before you remove it.

Good Luck,
    Jason
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Aristotle (384 BC - 322 BC)

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a white o2 Silverado and I like Poorboy EX on it better than any others I`ve tried.
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Zaino on my Titanium (non refracting colour) Mustang.
    It is very hard to see the quality and clarity on pics..but it really is a good polish for light colours..
    Anyone who sees it after a good detailed day...believes the car was newly painted.
    And the duration of Zaino is unreal.
    Pulled out Mustang from strorage in April..last Zaino-ed last year..drove in the rain this week because I`m Zaino-ing my truck...water beads like it just got polsihed.
    HTH
    The gas pedal always listens..
    The brake pedal doesn`t...
    Drive`em safe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys, I was working on the truck all weekend and this is the 1st I`ve checked the site. I`ve been using Formula 113 for the past 2 years and have been very happy with it as a wax. What I would like to know is what polish I should use or a recommended process to polish the paint "after" sanding. I have the foam pads and all kind of Mequires and 3M stuff that I have qathered over the years. I was just wondering if there was a better way to do it that you could point me too.
    Thanks
    Mark

Thread Information