Thread: It just got HOT

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It just got HOT

Today it went up to nearly 100 degrees from 60 yeasterday..and of course I get the phone call...I think I messed up my truck
    This was my friend Gary..who`s truck is on my web-site and is a multi-national award winning modified truck...
    Sitting in the air conditioning..I said bring it on over...OMG
    He used a CC Water Blade and it severely scratched the hard Tonneu cover and parts of the quarters....these were real deep and consistant all over the place....
    OUt come the SSR3 with the pc...better but still there...rubbed them by hand and could still feel them with my fingernails...the truck said it was 113 in the sun...so I told him yes you realy messed up the finish but let`s try hiding them because they would need at least wet sanding to reach the level of these scratches...he looked at me and said do you think you can hide them.....Dr. Poorboy to the rescue...lol
    PC here was useless...so I broke out the big 11 inch.....
    buffer/polisher that is....(dirty minds...lol)
    First of course we or me(since he just had a 4 way bypass)
    Spray and Wiped the tonneu and quarters..then out came the Polish with Carnuba...which did a nice job filling and laying down a foundation....mind you it`s 113 on the truck`s finish...then buffed that off...starting to hide well...then out came the QD+ and I actually buffed it in and out and then wiped off the residue by hand back and forth with a new mf I`m experimenting with made of pure polymide...looks and feels like a really soft chamois...
    Now it`s starting to look really good and he asks me if I want to stop there....stop are you kidding haven`t used the EX yet....
    So I dampen a mf sponge applicator and spread it out...steam is coming off the truck..he says to me are you take that off now..i said no..I have to clean up and go take a shower and shave...he said it`ll be impossible to get off the wax..won`t it
    Nah ..sit and relax and I`ll be back in a half hour or so....
    about 45 mintes later I reappear and all clean and dressed for lunch....I took the new mf cloth...wipe off the EX with no effort at all and all he can say is OMFG..and thank you thank you thank you
    When we got to the restaurant...chinese buffet..my favorite .I took the seat which allows you to see the parked truck....and he says I was going to sit there..and I said I know but I don`t have a lot of time for you to sit and look at your truckmao...he said you`re right...lol
    ps..picked up a new van today and started showing off the products to the owner and salesmanger ..they were very impressed and invited me back to meet their detailer at another time....
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: It just got HOT

Originally posted by Poorboy
    When we got to the restaurant...chinese buffet..my favorite .I
    Go ahead and keep chowing down Tinkerbell. You trying for a part in the next Austin Powers Movie?
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Boss_429

Re: It just got HOT

Originally posted by Poorboy
    about 45 mintes later I reappear and all clean and dressed for lunch....I took the new mf cloth...wipe off the EX with no effort at all and all he can say is OMFG..and thank you thank you thank you
    When we got to the restaurant...chinese buffet..my favorite .
    Nice work "Tubby"!

Anyhow, I`ve said it before, and I`ll say it again............ a person only has to make one "mistake" with the CWB, or the CCD, and they regret it.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Natty...who was the one who showed up with the Krispy Cremes ,,,and then took the rest of the box home I haven`t bought a doughnut for myself in 20 years Guess i have no future in Police work :p
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Thread Information