Post Thanks / Like

Klasse cure time

Does Klasse AIO need a particular amount of time to set-up before applying a topper such as EX?
    2000 Silverado Ext Cab Z71
    Lt Pewter

Post Thanks / Like

RT

I have never waited very long between AIO and a sealant. I do not know if this is right or wrong, but I can say my results in the past have been good. If it does get better with curing, my results will get better and that would be cool!

-Matt
    ------------------------------------------
    Matt - A part timer!!!

Wherever there is a mullet... I'll be there.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nope. AIO is an on and off product. It does what it needs to do as soon as it touches the car. Just apply it and take it off. You can do that panel by panel if you wanted to. No biggie. Its an instant product. That`s why I love it so much. Since its basicly just a cleaner and a base for SG, it doesn`t require anytime to "cure" because there isn`t anything curing. Its just a cleaner.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

AIO = Acrylic Sealant

AIO is definitely an on/off product. Use a damp applicator and do one section at a time. Wipe it off as soon as you have covered that section.
    As far as putting something over it, I put PUPP over the AIO within minutes of applying th AIO. Been doing it that way for slightly over a year and seem to be having good luck with it.

The Klasse information does state that it is a sealant as well as a cleaner. The following was pulled from the 4 Star Klasse area.

"It polishes to a wet-look shine and locks into the paint, sealing and protecting with an elastic non-chip, shrink-proof, heat and scratch resistant finish. Provides excellent protection against salt water, sun, industrial pollutants and corrosive elements.

Klasse All In One is simply a great acrylic one-step cleaner and German acrylic paint sealant. Heavy duty, non-abrasive cleaner, protector, polish. Long lasting acrylic protection."

All I know is it is one of my favorite cleaner/prep products.

Charles

Wherever there is a mullet... I'll be there.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quoting inaccurate information doesn`t always make it true. I`ll bet that description is on every site that sells Klasse on the web. Just like Dwayne said about the Platinum QD.. I`ll bet that kind of a statement is just there to cover their butts. I`ve never seen any improvement in appearance from just AIO over and above just having the car look better because all the oxidation and grime are gone. Its just a cleaner untill someone from Klasse can tell me something more about it. What I have experienced doesn`t match their claim. I don`t know anyone who would use AIO as an all by itself kind of product. It needs a sealant to top it. Maybe it is some kind of weak sealant, but it doesn`t last a month and that makes it pretty lousy if you ask me. Its just a cleaner with perhaps a small amount of protection included. Its about as much protection as a liquid bandage is though. You want to use a real sealant if you want real sealant results. That is just my opinion of a product I`ve been using for many years.

Post Thanks / Like
    I always apply AIO panel at a time then just mist with QD and whipe off I never wait for a cure time.
    www.exotiXboard.com

Post Thanks / Like
    The only issue im fighting with if its better with the PC or by hand.....I think its more thorough with the PC...i take it off in a reasonable amount of time.....not right away...a few minutes though...
    jeff

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jeff:
    The PC works pretty good for AIO application , but I`m not sure that on a finish in good condition to start with, that it isn`t any real benefit other than speed. By the time you get out a PC, pad, extension cord, use it all, put the PC away and clean the pad, I don`t think you really save any time.
    Now, if the paint is oxidized and needs more than just prep cleaning, then the PC does an awful lot of work that you won`t have to.
    I do a section with the PC and remove the AIO from that section with a MF towel before moving to another section. I also mist the PC polishing pad I use with AIO with water.
    Whether that is the right way, I have no idea. It works for me.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    Thks...I did it by hand this weekend and love`d it...i can watch it attach itself to the paint....,,
    jeff

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by The Fuzz
    Quoting inaccurate information doesn`t always make it true. I`ll bet that description is on every site that sells Klasse on the web. Just like Dwayne said about the Platinum QD.. I`ll bet that kind of a statement is just there to cover their butts. I`ve never seen any improvement in appearance from just AIO over and above just having the car look better because all the oxidation and grime are gone. Its just a cleaner untill someone from Klasse can tell me something more about it. What I have experienced doesn`t match their claim. I don`t know anyone who would use AIO as an all by itself kind of product. It needs a sealant to top it. Maybe it is some kind of weak sealant, but it doesn`t last a month and that makes it pretty lousy if you ask me. Its just a cleaner with perhaps a small amount of protection included. Its about as much protection as a liquid bandage is though. You want to use a real sealant if you want real sealant results. That is just my opinion of a product I`ve been using for many years.
    Saying information is inaccurate doesn`t always mean it is inaccurate, either.
    The description on the 4 Star site and many others comes right from the AIO bottle. The bottle goes a lot further with their claims, even stating that it "Provides 6 - 8 months protction".
    Obviously, I don`t have your many years experience with the product, so I have no idea as to it`s ability to live up to their claims.
    In my case, it is used as a cleaner/prep for Platinum UPP or S100, so the protection or lack thereof really means very little to me. If it does provide some, then great. If it doesn`t, it still is one heck of a cleaning/prep product.
    :bye

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    Charles I agree with you, if you are working on a car in good condition you won`t see any advantage to using a PC, a car with some oxidation will be easier with a PC but I believe you can get the same results by hand, you just need to work it in really good.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you read the bottle of Klasse it is a on/off product requires no drying time. I have uesd it countless times with a sealant on the back side no problem.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

I'm just a man.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do believe AIO does contain some form of pertection. It`s most likely acrylic or polymer based. Hence the name AIO as well. It cleans, polishes, and protects.
    The Koop Is BIZZZAAAK

wow look at that shine! maximadave's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love using Klasse AIO. I do one panel at a time. easiest I`ve used...
    -Dave
    SALES AND LEASING CONSULTANT @
    QUALITY NISSAN IN TEMECULA, CA
    (909) 676-6601

Post Thanks / Like
    AIO does not require any cure time. It`s mostly a cleaner, but lays down a tiny bit of acrylic protection. It was designed to prep the surface for SG. If you use SG, you can put SG on top immediately, but then have to wait about an hour to remove, and if you want to layer it, you should wait 24 hours or so to get the best results.

I have found the same with Platinum. A thin coat of UPP on top of AIO, wait an hour (or at least 30 mins.) and remove. 24 hours later, do another coat if desired.

Thread Information