Post Thanks / Like

Talking Rescued by Spray & Wipe

The last couple of days I didn`t have many clients to see so I started on the big detail to the Silverado.

I loaded up the PC and the dog and I headed for the park on a beautiful day. I was down to the last panel when I noticed that there were tiny spots on the hood, tonneau and roof, shining brightly in the sun. I`d parked too close to a tree and sap had covered all the horizontal surfaces. All that work for nothing.

Bummed out and pissed off I loaded my stuff back into the truck and headed for home cussing all the way. Before I got home I realized I`d forgotten my Spray & Wipe at the park so I turned around to go get it and on the way started wondering if it would take the sap off. I didn`t think it would but figured what the hell....it`s worth a try.

Srayed some on.....wiped it and the tree sap right off!! I guess the sap was still wet enough to not have stuck too tightly to the truck.....or maybe S&W will take sap off???.....Idon`t know but I do know that I`m sure glad I tried it before I got out the clay bar and re-did all the horizontal surfaces, which is what I was thinking I`d have to do!

Saved by Spray & Wipe again. Those of you who have not tried it yet really need to. It`s great stuff that saves so much work.
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    How does this spray and wipe work? Seems to me that you may end up scratching the finish trying to wipe off the dirt?
    2000 Silverado Ext Cab Z71
    Lt Pewter

Post Thanks / Like
    rtbrick

I believe that it has surfectants in it that lifts the dirt off of the surface. I`m sure it has other ingredients also but the stuff really works well. I`m sure Steve will show up soon and answer your ? with a little more detail.

Rtcat

In Exile
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rescued by Spray & Wipe

Originally posted by JimS
    I guess the sap was still wet enough to not have stuck too tightly to the truck.....or maybe S&W will take sap off

Saved by Spray & Wipe again. Those of you who have not tried it yet really need to. It`s great stuff that saves so much work.
    No miracle here, I had the same problem last week and took it off easily with Mother`s Quick Detailer.

If you get to sap quickly enough, even mild soap and water will take it off.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d bet that the sap had not set up that well so the S&W took it off quite well.

I use QD spray some what like the S&W all the time its a life saver for me
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually even if the sap had set up it would have taken it off...I park all my vehicles, EXcept my 442 outside and under trees.
    If it had baked for a week...I probably would have to work a little harder.

Spray and Wipe is not like any other QD...it`s primary purpose was to be a waterless wash with QDing being a bonus...
    There is no haze to it..it can be used in the brutal sun on black without streaking....

Most directions of QD`s specifically say to use it on a cool surface and most say not to use it on dirt.

There are more cleaners and surfactants in the Spray and Wipe than most car washes too, and if used properly will not disturb the wax or sealant on the vehicle....

it also can be used on virtually anything ...including covertible tops, all over the house, and interiors too, except cloth which will only get wet...

Hoped this helped
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

In Exile
    Post Thanks / Like

Hoped this helped...

Originally posted by Poorboy

Spray and Wipe is not like any other QD...it`s primary purpose was to be a waterless wash with QDing being a bonus...
    There is no haze to it..it can be used in the brutal sun on black without streaking....

Most directions of QD`s specifically say to use it on a cool surface and most say not to use it on dirt.

There are more cleaners and surfactants in the Spray and Wipe than most car washes too, and if used properly will not disturb the wax or sealant on the vehicle....

it also can be used on virtually anything ...including covertible tops, all over the house, and interiors too, except cloth which will only get wet...

Hoped this helped
    It sure did. Thanks Bud,....I mean PoorBoy.

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah it sure did help, helped me decide that maybe I need a few gallons of this stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought a 5 gallon bucket a while back. I just started useing the stuff in about April and I`ve gone through about 2 gallons of it using it for personal stuff only. I`m not a pro. I just love the stuff.

Yesterday, had it not been for the S&W I`d have had to wash the truck again and go through the whole drying process and wait for the window fuzzies to dry out again etc, etc, etc.

With Steve`s S&W all I had to do was spray it on wipe it off and the sap was gone.

The sap had definitely not "set up" as I could smear it with my finger but the point for me is the work I DIDN`T have to do to get it off....compared to washing the truck all over again or going back to the clay bar again and then having to do the EX all over again. .

I dust with it almost every day.....like just an hour ago after a 200 mile highway trip this morning and the resulting days quota of bugs killed. I got home, got out the S&W and 15min later all the bugs were history and I didn`t have to wash and dry the truck, 15 more min and the whole truck is sparkling clean.
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Thread Information