Thread: Griots

Post Thanks / Like

Griots

What do you think about Griots Speed shine and Griots Leather Care?

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots

Originally posted by Ashley
    What do you think about Griots Speed shine and Griots Leather Care?
    Never used any of Griot`s products, but I have heard two things about them.
    1. Good stuff.
    2. Very pricey.

:dunno
    Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    The speedshine is $9.95 for 35 ounces and the leather care is $14.95 for 16 ounces. Not too bad. Those are the only two things I would get from them if I did. All of the other stuff is WAY overpriced! Just wondering how these two products are compared to others.

Boss_429
    They have some nice stuff.................. but it is "way" to pricey. A lot of their stuff is just re-branded products. The Speedshine (QD) does sound like a decent price. For the leather care, I`d go with 4 Star`s Leather cleaner, and the conditioner.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve not bought much from Griots but everything I`ve bought from there has been top notch. Some MF gloves, a black half wash mitt made for wheels and some tools ...
    Fasten Your Seat Belt! It helps keep the aliens from sucking you out of the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you`d be better off buying some Meg`s Final Detail or 4* Spray Wax and 4* leather cleaner and conditioner. Griot`s is just too expensive given you can achieve the same or better results for less $$.
    Last edited by shotime; 04-03-2004 at 08:10 PM.
    Teflon is for frying pans.

Shine? That's not a shine Cujo31's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Griots is all high quality products. The pads they have are some of the best I have used. I have bought many things from them, but I will say they can be on the high side. Its cool though, I dont mind if I have the money.
    John ( aka Cujo31 )
    Custom Car Care LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    I use the orange polishing pads and red wax pads from Griots. Much better than the Megs pads. Of course for a QD I use Spray and Wipe and I don`t have any leather to worry about.
    Hogan

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used both Griot`s products you mentioned...

Speed Shine: Good QD...not the slickest, but I find that it does enhance the gloss of a caranuba nicely (ie. PS, S100/P21s, Natty)...Personally, I like Pinnacle Crystal Mist or for sealants, Clearkote QS...my two favorites.

I bought both the "Leather Care" and "Leather Rejuvanator". Both very good. One thing I like about both is they dry very clear. One downside is they don`t offer a dedicated leather cleaner, as "Leather Care" is more of a conditioner type product with mild cleaning properties. I`d probably keep Rejuvanator for seats in bad condition and for normal conditioning use Pinnacle Leather stuff or 4*...

Overall...I`m happy with stuff I buy from Griots. Not the best, but for someone who wants reliable stuff, I think Griot`s is a good choice. However, one downside is they really hit you on the shipping...

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Cujo31
    I will say they can be on the high side. Its cool though, I dont mind if I have the money.

Same goes for Rolls Royces` too
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve bought a number of their products and have been pleased with the quality. I agree with one of the previous posts, their buffer pads are as good if not better than any I`ve used (edge, Meguiar`s, LC).
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I have never used those products. I have used their pads whichit sounds like I am the only one who hated them. Their polishes were good but stained the Hell out of trim, and the Best of Show Wax was good but took forever to get off, and also stained trim. 99.9% of their stuff, besides chemicals, is nothing more than rebaged items you can buy elsewhere for 1/3 of the price. I stopped buying from them because their shipping was too high and I found better products that were easier to work with.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used the speed shine and probably like it the best so far. I dropped a bottle and cracked the neck, i emailed and requested a new bottle, i got a new bottle with speed shine, no questions asked, 100% guart. Used the carnuba paste wax(gift) and liked. Ordered the pads per Cujo`s comments, the tire cleaner, and the spray for the engine detail, will see how those products do.
    I agree that most of there products are pricy, and that the shipping is killer, but the speed shine too me is`nt a bad product or price, a light mist is all that is needed. Also enjoy using all of Poorboys products.

Thread Information