Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pittsburgh, Pa buy way of Winston-Salem N.C.
    Post Thanks / Like

Help with Bissell...

Purchased the Bissell Little Green today and tried it out on an 98 Accord I`m doing. Wasn`t real impressed to say the least.Ijust did the mats and some of the stains didn`t come all the way out. they did not look like spills just normal dirt stains on driver side mat. i used the solution that comes with the machine and i was wondering what some of you use. when i was doing the carpets buy hand i used a general purpose cleaner diluted 8 to 1. didn`t know if that was ok to run through the machine. let me know what you guys that use the Bissell are doing. buy the why i do have the heated model with the turbo brush. Thanks
    Auto Spa Detailing.. Treat your auto to a day at THE SPA!!!!
    Scott

Detail City Fire Rescue Gonzo0903's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I also have a Bissell Litlle Green Machine ( my second.. I killed the 1st one, but got my money`s worth out of it !)

I use a woolite/water solution mixed 6 to 1 (1 part Woolite to six parts water) It works well with the bissel. For really tough stains, I pretreat with a citrus based cleaner/degreaser, agitiate it with a brush, uswe trhe woolite/water solution and then extract it.
    2007 Ford Edge, 2006 Mustang GT, 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2001 Ford F150 Supercrew, 2001 Ford Mustang... A clean car is a happy car!

Post Thanks / Like
    I just bought bissell lil gr machine. anything remotely tough use a pre-treater spray and then follow with the recommended woolite from gonzo (i tried it it works good) on upholstery, or else a steam cleaner solution /as directions mixed /on the mats.

Post Thanks / Like
    I second the pretreat. I just got mine last week (they sent me a heated one by mistake!) and have used it three times already. It does a good of a job as the $600+ Kaarcher I`ve used in the past. The only downside is emptying/refilling all time time, but for the $40 I paid for it, I`ll put up with a little inconvenience. I`d like to buy a professional heated exctractor but untill then, $40 for every extractor I burn out is worth it. I`m using Auto Magic`s extractor fluid, .5oz per tank is all I use. I might try the woolite, but I prefer using a dedicated extractor solution. I presoaked the stains with woolite and found it foams way too much in the tank. I also add some anti-bacterial scent to the solution to disinfect and leave a nice smell behind...the extractor fluid smells like chemicals.
    Teflon is for frying pans.

Post Thanks / Like
    I put the woolite solution in a spray bottle instead of the bissel. I fill the bissel with water and use it to rinse only.
    My process is:
    1.) Spray woolite solution over area.
    2.) Scrub with brush
    3.) For stains I use some dilluted Simple Green
    4.) Scrub again
    5.) Rinse with bissel
    6.) Repeat if necessary

I`ve gotten really good results with this method.
    "A car doesn`t have to be the fastest or most powerful to be the love of your life" -Temperacerguy

Post Thanks / Like
    I got an older Bissell "Power Steamer" at a garage sale for $5, I`m pretty sure its comparable to a Little Green Machine. I use a carpet and upholstery shampoo made by Dirt Devil with it, and it works great. It has gotten out almost every stain I`ve thrown at it. My only complaint is that the smell could be better. I`ve found that with tough stains, you should apply the solution liberally to spots (basically soak them) and agitate it with a hand brush if you have to, so you can concentrate on the spot.

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    To reduce the foaming in the recovery tank (dirty water tank) you can put some vinegar in it before using it. The vinegar neutralizes the foam. You could, of course, also buy a dedicated de-foaming agent from a janitorial supply store, if you were so inclined.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Post Thanks / Like
    I will pretreat stains of anysort with 303 spot and stain or Adam`s Polish carpet cleaner, then aggitate with a bristle brush. I started using Top of the Lines Rug Renew in my Bissel and absolutely love it. It blows away what they send you, and dilutes so well. A gallon runs you only $15!

Also, try the spray, aggitate with the brush, spray extraction fluid, then suck up method, then follow up again with the bissel in the tough spots spraying while sucking it up at the same time. This flows the dirt immediately after it being heated up.

Here is the link for Rug Renew
    http://www.topoftheline.com/rugcarsham.html
    Nick Carberry
    ~Detailing high-end cars with quality products~

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Nickc0844
    [B] I started using Top of the Lines Rug Renew in my Bissel and absolutely love it. It blows away what they send you, and dilutes so well. A gallon runs you only $15!

THANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS!!!!

Nick, at what strength are you diluting the Rug Renew?
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    The back of my gallon says "1-3 ounces of solution to 5 gallons of water". Honestly, I haven`t been measuring it when I use it, but have come out with fabulous results each time. I still use the small sample bottle that came with my Bissel. It`s maybe 6-8oz, and I fill that 1/2 up, and the rest with water. I ignore the solution fill line on the reservoir. Sorry I couldn`t have been of more help, but it`s worked for me :dunno

Read about Rug Renew here
    Nick Carberry

Post Thanks / Like
    Bozack - where did you buy the Bissell?
    Cliff Claven is my hero
    2007 Silver Accord EX
    1999 Silver F-150 XLT

Post Thanks / Like
    Bought it at Lowe`s for $100.00. you can get a better deal off the internet, try ebay. i was doing everything by hand but i got a real pig of a car and was in need of something quick. the good news is I bought it on Saturday and made enough cash on Sunday to get me back into the black.
    make sure you get the heated model if you are going to get one.
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Heat is a definite MUST!
    Nick Carberry

Post Thanks / Like
    Nickc0844, I took your advice to and I just ordered me some Top of the Lines Rug Renew. I just bought a Bissell Little Green Machine w/ heat and a turbo brush and I was looking for something better to put in it rather than Bissell`s formula. By the pictures on the link above it looks like it will work good.
    Thanks
    Cameron`s Auto Detail

"Love the Lord God almighty with all your heart, soul, mind and strength"

Post Thanks / Like
    Definatly experiment with each different solution you use. My Auto Magic fluid only takes an ounce per tank or else it foams really bad. The TotL stuff looks pretty good, although I can get other brands through the distributor locally. I`d like to try it the next time I place an order with them.
    Teflon is for frying pans.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information