Today I took on the test of removing some pretty good swirling, holograms and spider webbing on a `96 C-Class Mercedes. The funny thing about it is that it`s a "Star Mark" car. You know, one of the used cars that is certified and meticulously prepped by the dealer and put out for resale.

This is the before picture

I started with Meguiar`s Body Solvent to remove tar and some bugs that were on the front of the car. I followed that with a thorough wheel cleaning using Meguiar`s wheel cleaner from the Pro line(don`t remember the #). The front wheels were etched and stained pretty bad from acid at the local car wash. The wheels were also polished with Poorboy`s PwC. I then cleaned the full exterior with a QEW wash. This revealed the TRUE look of the paint. I didn`t capture this with the camera, but there was a LOT of holograms from the novice that "detailed" this car last! I then clayed the car using Pinnacle Poly-Clay and #34 for lubrication. Car was surprisingly clean for the condition of the paint. The next step was to polish the bad areas with #83 and then the whole car with #80. The owner was ecstatic after I made the round with #83 and there was hazing all over the place. After the round of #80, I did a quick clean up with Spray N Wipe to remove residual dust from #83. The finish was Poorboy`s EX. There were no interior pictures taken but I did do some spot work on the carpet and door panels and a general wipe down. Now for the pictures......

Here is a sun shot on the trunk

Hood

Whole car

This car belongs to the gentlemen`s wife but he was having it done for his birthday as a surprise.